What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Air, on Prime.

Really good, as i expected based on Affleck's previous films. 8/10

A must watch for anyone who grew up loving basketball and Micheal Jordan in the 90s. We couldn't afford Nike, so I think I had an Adidas high top, white and green.

Soldato
Evil Dead Rise 7/10

This was good and I'm a big fan of the originals.

Creepy AF and genuinely shook the Mrs - and we've watched loads of horror movies. Probably because no one was off limits, kids too.

Commissario
For some reason I felt a bit musical so I watched something I've sort of seen before: Little Shop of Horrors.

Finally got the BD of it a few weeks back and it's got the "original" version rather than the cinema version on it, which changes the ending completely.
Really enjoyed watching it, sort of surprised to see "The Cat" in it, the Audrey II animatronics were exceptionally good and it all holds up well thanks to the cast, and way most/all the effects were practical.

The extras on the disk were also good with the original release cut, several making of*/behind the scenes/history of Little Shop etc.

*50+ puppeteers for some of the Large Audrey II scenes!

Soldato
I tell you a good Japanese horror movie, the original Dark Water (not the american remake) was so scary when i watched it, had nightmare for weeks and slept with the lights on. Yes i stayed in a flat at the time which didnt help. :D
i watched this as a teenager and remember walking home from a friends house after. i ended up running home... probs the only film thats scared me i think

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
i watched this as a teenager and remember walking home from a friends house after. i ended up running home... probs the only film thats scared me i think

Yeah same every little creak or sound in my apartment made me cream myself lol. That lift scene alone made never want to use the lift. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Tabu (2012)

Unusual Portuguese arthouse film. The first half was quite dreary but it really picked up in the second half. Enjoyed the piano music and black & white cinematography.

7/10

Soldato
Evil dead rise 3/10
Only watched half an hour of this garbage. Chose to watch as the reviews were really good for it. But it's just yet another typical modern film. Same old tropes, same old box ticking, same old annoying characters, same old blue and orange colour scheme. Dismal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Evil dead rise 3/10
Only watched half an hour of this garbage. Chose to watch as the reviews were really good for it. But it's just yet another typical modern film. Same old tropes, same old box ticking, same old annoying characters, same old blue and orange colour scheme. Dismal.

The opening was good and then you get the character back story before anything happens. Should have stuck with it as it descends into a decent horror movie.

Soldato

The Munsters 2022 - 15-20mins in I could not take any more and I stopped watching.​

did anyone watch all of it ?

I would rather go back and watch the 90s one.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves - 5/10​

I thought it was better than the last one but still not great.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Decided to watch the original Evil Dead tonight. Don't think I've ever actually seen the first one. It was alright, pretty janky understandably and age has not been so kind to it. 6/10

Soldato
You take that back! The American remake of The Grudge is superb!!

It’s one of only two horror films to give me multi-day heebie jeebies as an adult (the other being Hereditary).

I couldn't agree more! There aren't too many movies that get remade into an English speaking version and actually do a good job, but The Grudge remake was exponentially better than the Japanese (Ju-On) version.

Actually, I heard the original director played a part in the remake and prefers it to the original.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ended up watching Evil Dead 2 as well last night as they're so short. It's not quite as good as I remember it but it's definitely a better film than the first 7.5/10

Not sure if I'll bother with the third, I've seen it once and remember it being a bit of a slog to get through. Never seen the remake of the first so that's up next.

Soldato
Bigfoot Wars on Prime Video. I like to watch a terrible film on a Sunday evening and last night I first tried to watch Vipers on Prime but gave up on that quite quickly as it was too ****. I then tried Bigfoot Wars and I have to say as it kept me saying aloud "this is so ****" in a laughing voice, it did it's job well for me.

At 75 mins it was long enough but it was so badly edited I got the feeling they could only ever do one take per shot and the camera operator either forgot to press record many times or lost the footage. It was so disjointed.

I was surprised to see 80's stalwarts C Thomas Howell and Judd Nelson in this abomination but unfortunately they both peaked in the 80's and that was 40 years ago now.

It has boobs, bums and gore so it did some things right.

Totally not recommended unless, like me, you like to watch utter crap at times.

Back
Top Bottom