What film did you watch last night?

Running with the Devil (2019) - 4/10

A very understated story following the trafficking of cocaine into America from various viewpoints.

The disjointed storytelling style and big stars elevate it a bit, but it is slow going and doesn’t really go anywhere or do anything interesting.

The short run time, semi-realistic take on affairs and subject matter holds your interest, but it doesn’t build up much tension and the ending was very anticlimactic.

Hypnotic (2013) - 3 / 10

Some good moments, but mostly a dull and wasted opportunity.

The plot starts off as yet another cliché missing child case but eventually reveals the mind games that are being played before going over the top and becoming extremely silly towards the end.

The acting’s nothing special, the special effects are bland and overall, it was boring.

Evil Dead (2013) 7.5/10

A much better film than the original, cinematography is superb. A little too fan servicey in places but the latest one has the same problem. You don't have to have a shotgun and chainsaw in every film, mix it up.

Ended up watching Evil Dead 2 as well last night as they're so short. It's not quite as good as I remember it but it's definitely a better film than the first 7.5/10

Not sure if I'll bother with the third, I've seen it once and remember it being a bit of a slog to get through. Never seen the remake of the first so that's up next.
You seen the tv show? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4189022/

Air: 6/10

We actually enjoyed this more than the reviews suggested we might. It's a good story, well told. Not too much drama, not too much excitement but interesting all the same. The amount of money that the Yanks throw at teenage/school athletes is just insane though :confused:

We actually enjoyed this more than the reviews suggested we might. It's a good story, well told. Not too much drama, not too much excitement but interesting all the same. The amount of money that the Yanks throw at teenage/school athletes is just insane though :confused:
Watched it myself this weekend. Gonna say 7/10 or just over. I didn't know the story of Air Jordan so not sure how accurate it was, but Affleck and Damon together rarely ever fail!

rp2000

Paid off though, Michael Jordan is one of the greatest to ever touch a basketball, and launched Nike into new realms.

Gothika: 5/10 maybe.

2002, aged fairly well. Standard misdirection tropes, but happy they actually committed to something instead of just going with suggestion of it. Other than that, called the ending about 1/3 of the way in.

Easy watch, another one ticked off the list, won't be rushing to watch again. Despite the gratuitous shots of Halle's bottom every 2 minutes.

Also RDJ was Iron Man before Iron Man the modern day MCU was even being conceived. (lol :D)

Last edited:
Gothika: 5/10 maybe.

2002, aged fairly well. Standard misdirection tropes, but happy they actually committed to something instead of just going with suggestion of it. Other than that, called the ending about 1/3 of the way in.

Easy watch, another one ticked off the list, won't be rushing to watch again. Despite the gratuitous shots of Halle's bottom every 2 minutes.

Also RDJ was Iron Man before Iron Man was even being conceived.
Iron Man was conceived in 1963 though. (I know you're talking about the movie haha) :p

Last edited:
The Little Things

A good old-fashioned thriller. Doesn't really do anything new but has that familiar feel. Interesting to read that the first draft of the screenplay was made back in 1993.

7/10

Hypnotic (2013) - 3 / 10

Some good moments, but mostly a dull and wasted opportunity.

The plot starts off as yet another cliché missing child case but eventually reveals the mind games that are being played before going over the top and becoming extremely silly towards the end.

The acting’s nothing special, the special effects are bland and overall, it was boring.

Made me laugh how the characters literally sat down every 5 minutes so one of them could explain the plot.

Also has a mid credit scene, that I missed sadly, which invalidates the whole last third of the film.

Fall

Two friends fight to survive against punishing odds after a daring climb up a radio tower in the desert leaves them trapped 2,000 feet in the air.

Some good moments and thought it was shot well given the location and focal point of the radio tower.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom