What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The New Mutants - 7/10

This one sort of passed me by when it first came out, it had been a while since a good x-men film so I never saw it. Surprisingly enjoyed this, some interesting characters and a nice small scale story. End gets a bit 'big' though. I think a lot of the criticism was how much it changed the source material but I have no knowledge of these characters personally so didn't bother me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/

It made a nice change to view this at the cinema, as the last time I think I saw a film on the big screen was,
quite possibly, around ~2007. Very impressive action scenes although after a while, the story kind of got lost on me.
The run time was over two hours though it seemed like it went on for nearer three. By the end, I was quite keen to visit the smallest room!

Still, it was a good experience though the right hand side of the screen (the left and right walls were part of the display) seemed to show the footage at
a considerably slower frame rate than the left and main viewing area. I should also mention that I saw this at the Cineworld at Milton Keynes. Only six people in the entire session.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Now you need to watch Raid 2 now :D.

A few other ones i would recommend if you havent watched before. Some are old Chinese classics

1. IP Man (Donnie Yen)
2. Kung Fu Hustle (Steven Chow)
3. A Chinese Ghost Story (its a bit of a love story in fantasy environment)
3. Police Story (Jackie Chan)
I've seen Police Story. Jackie Chan is great and you have to take your hat off to his stunt and fight skills, but the acting generally poor and sort spoils the film a bit.

Associate
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/

It made a nice change to view this at the cinema, as the last time I think I saw a film on the big screen was,
quite possibly, around ~2007. Very impressive action scenes although after a while, the story kind of got lost on me.
The run time was over two hours though it seemed like it went on for nearer three. By the end, I was quite keen to visit the smallest room!

Still, it was a good experience though the right hand side of the screen (the left and right walls were part of the display) seemed to show the footage at
a considerably slower frame rate than the left and main viewing area. I should also mention that I saw this at the Cineworld at Milton Keynes. Only six people in the entire session.

Interesting. I’m watching this later on at IMAX cineworld, noticed run time was around 2h 30mins.

I did read 2 days ago it’s had one of the worse openings except Garfield lol. Probably due to cinema costs rather than the film, couldn’t believe the price of a ticket now and I got a 10% discount from a friend.

Man of Honour
The Jungle Book (1967)

We had our seven year old granddaughter for a sleep over last night and she picked this. I've watched it many times with my own children when it came out in VHS in the '90's. I also have a very vague memory of being taken to the cinema by my own nan when I was around 5-6 years old.

Still a great watch today with some truly great classic songs, the animation is superb and so is the voice acting.

9/10

Reactions: taB
Man of Honour
The Jungle Book (1967)

We had our seven year old granddaughter for a sleep over last night and she picked this. I've watched it many times with my own children when it came out in VHS in the '90's. I also have a very vague memory of being taken to the cinema by my own nan when I was around 5-6 years old.

Still a great watch today with some truly great classic songs, the animation is superb and so is the voice acting.

9/10

The art style in Jungle Book (and other Disney films of that era such as Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians etc) is distinct and the films are fun but the animation is terrible! So clunky and mega budget… sketch lines still in the frames etc.

Sleeping Beauty for the win as an animation masterpiece <3

Man of Honour
The art style in Jungle Book (and other Disney films of that era such as Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians etc) is distinct and the films are fun but the animation is terrible! So clunky and mega budget… sketch lines still in the frames etc.

Sleeping Beauty for the win as an animation masterpiece <3
I know what you mean, but I do think that Jungle Book is far better drawn and has better backgrounds than Robin Hood and 101 Dalmatians.

You can definitely see that Disney were trying cut or reduce costs. They used Ka's animations twice, when he gets pushed of the tree, in Jungle Book. They also reused animations of Baloo in Robin Hood.

Soldato
Late night with the Devil.

Interesting premise, captured the feel of the 70's and looked great. After a long build up it started to get creepy and good and then the end - wtf happened? Off to read up on the ending now.

5/10.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Late night with the Devil.

Interesting premise, captured the feel of the 70's and looked great. After a long build up it started to get creepy and good and then the end - wtf happened? Off to read up on the ending now.

5/10.

Had the exact same experience. The build up was ok but conclusion was just bizzare.

Man of Honour
Back to Black (2024)

My wife wanted to watch this and since she sat through The Raid and hated it, I reciprocated and we watched this.

It was ok, I don't think there was anything in the film, that anybody interested in her life, didn't already know.

Plus I think the fact that we know how it all ends, it adds an inevitably about the film that makes it almost pointless to watch.

4/10

Caporegime
Sting https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20112746/

After raising an unnervingly talented spider in secret, 12-year-old Charlotte must face the facts about her pet-and fight for her family's survival-when the once-charming creature rapidly transforms into a giant, flesh-eating monster.

Not bad, though nothing special either, but an hour and a half or so run time was about the right length of time for it.
The bug-repellent guy made me chuckle a few times. In fact, and I don't know how intentional it was, but I did find some humour to be quite clearly evident throughout the film, here and there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom