What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
"Under Paris" on Netflix. Not a bad shark film with an interesting but ludicrous premise.
What really struck me was how clear the photography was in several sequences, especially at the start. Just beautiful. That and the female lead constantly reminded me of Lena Headey.

Man of Honour
Safe House (2012)

Action, spy thriller starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It's never going to win any awards for originality, but both leads are easy to watch and it moves along at a brisk pace.

Nice to see Reynolds not being Reynolds for a change, which seems to be his standard performance for him in every film since Deadpool.

6/10

Associate
Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024) - 7/10

An entertaining and fun action film which whilst set in its ways, makes the most of it.

The story’s nothing special with one-dimensional villains, damsels in distress and the attempts to tie it into previous films is pretty weak, but the Miami setting is wonderful and used very well with exotic nightclubs and an iconic culture.

The frequent and frantic action pieces are exciting and intense with enough explosions, violence and good use of clever camera work, constantly jumping between different views of the scenes.

The characters are funny with plenty of jokes and humour as they make fun of themselves and each other whilst accepting they have aged.

A couple of good cameos and an ok run time, but the choppy editing is noticeable at times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched Robocop 1-3 recently. First one was good, rest weren't great. Films very much "of their time" in terms of special effects.

Watching the first one in the cinema when it was first released would have been quite an experience.

Last edited:
Associate
My Little Pony The New Generation - 7/10

The kids love it and it’s actually pretty funny. One of the kids films I don’t mind watching.

Barbarian - 2/10

Rubbish. Complete rubbish.

Man of Honour
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024)

It's as daft as a film could possibly be without trying to be a comedy, with human characters just there to explain the plot. But when the monsters are on screen, it's entertaining enough and the only really reason anyone is watching.

Plus the Dolby Atmos track is one of the best I've heard in recent times.

5/10

Soldato
Late Night with the Devil - 8/10.

Really enjoyed this one. Refreshing horror scenario and the set design and everything about it was very well done.
I would love to see it as an actual theatre production somehow, I think it could work pretty well.

Caporegime
Road House (2024)

Loved it. Yes some of the fight scenes were wonky as hell but it’s just good daft fun. And Conor McGregor being Conor McGregor was a riot.
haha the cgi fights are 0 out of 10 and its just basically the same script as the original but with conor mcgregor in who is even worse..go rewatch the original first. :p

Man of Honour
Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

Not sure if it's any better or worse than the second film. It feels closer to the first film though and like the first film it's the actors that hold your interest more than than the story. But we don't really spend enough time with any of them to really care.

I think it would've been better to reduce Ocean's crew and have more time with characters and have more at stake.

5/10

Back
Top Bottom