What film did you watch last night?

Battle Los Angeles (They called it World Invasion here in Hong Kong) :D

As far as a war movie, the cinematography was superb. It felt at times like Saving Private Ryan in an urban area.

Worst part was the dialogue, very cheesy.

Definitely worth seeing at the cinema. Solid 7/10

It also had me licking my lips for the squad based Battlefield 3 which is coming in the fall.

'The Prestige'

Picked this up today and wasn't quite sure what to expect. The blurb on the back made me curious and I'd definitley watch it again and again.

9/10

Man on Fire.

Seen before but wanted to watch again, a true epic.

"A man can be an artist..... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece. That's all I am going to say"

10/10.

Battle Los Angeles - 7/10

Enjoyable film and had moments of BFBC2 when they were scouting the streets heading towards the police station :D (probably me playing a little toom uch BFBC2)

Overall worth watching on the big screen but as a film they could have shown more of the aliens background.

I watched Unforgiven, which was very good - not the typical western with the good guys and the bad guys :)

I suspect tommorow it'll be either Gran Turino or Mystic River.
I picked up the Clint Eastwood directors Blu-ray set cheap recently (£16), which goes well with the Dirty Harry set I got for a tenner.

Lost in Translation. Erm, I was forever waiting for something to happen... and nothing did? I clearly didn't get it? Can anyone explain why imdb rate this so highly? Please?:confused:

Man on Fire.

Seen before but wanted to watch again, a true epic.

"A man can be an artist..... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece. That's all I am going to say"

10/10.

One of my favourite films ever.

Where a bouts in S Yorkshire you from Tim? :p

Also Man on Fire is outstanding, beautiful film. It's one of my favourite films and gets me every time.

I watched Beauty and the Beast on blu ray :cool: thought it looked amazing and I don't care if it sounds a bit gay, I loved the film. Haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Last edited:
Lost in Translation. Erm, I was forever waiting for something to happen... and nothing did? I clearly didn't get it? Can anyone explain why imdb rate this so highly? Please?:confused:

Think its one of those films you either love or hate. Its one of my favourites. Scarlett Johansson and the sound track were big pluses.

Lost in Translation. Erm, I was forever waiting for something to happen... and nothing did? I clearly didn't get it? Can anyone explain why imdb rate this so highly? Please?

It's a film about loneliness and being lost and not understanding what is going on. It's a metaphor for the way we try to muddle through life without really knowing what we're doing, and hoping that we can find someone else who understands how we feel.

I watched [Beauty and the Beast[/i] on blu ray :cool: thought it looked amazing and I don't care if it sounds a bit gay, I loved the film. Haven't seen it since I was a kid.

I cried buckets watching that the other week. It's brilliant and it's really romantic. It was the first animated film to be nominated for best picture, but lost out to Silence of the Lambs.

Back
Top Bottom