What film did you watch last night?

One

One

Soldato
Collateral - 7/10
Good film but a few things that annoyed me such as the phone not having signal and then running out of battery, I mean, really?

Associate
Extinction The.G.M.O.Chronicles - 5.5/10

Slow paced zombie film, hardly any gore and not much of a story. I am a zombie fan but for me this film was just ok, the majority though will hate it.

Soldato
Despite it not being in my fave genre, i.e war films, Gangsta or grimy, it is a really good film.

I am happy to hear that Jack got an oscar for it.

His best role for me, The Shining is fantastic, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest as well. But As Good As It Gets, is just that for Mr Nicholson. Knocked it out of the park, as did all the actors. C.G.Jnr was fantastic.

It's just a really nice, film, with some great writing. Everybody should take the time to see it.

Soldato
Despite it not being in my fave genre, i.e war films, Gangsta or grimy, it is a really good film.

I am happy to hear that Jack got an oscar for it.

As Good as it Gets is a modern classic, really. Excellent screenwriting and performances.

If you're a fan of gangta/grime flicks, if you have Netflix check out Gang Tapes. It's a "found footage" film with a gang/street theme and really, really good stuff.

Associate
I've had this sat in the movie collection for year now and only got round to watching it this week. Completely took me by surprise as for some reason when I loaded it up I had it in mind it was one of those horror/thriller road movies.

It’s very different but very enjoyable, very Outer Limits/Eerie Indiana like.

one of my all-time fave movies. i had to get it imported as you couldnt buy it over here at the time.

i originally saw it on divx many years ago and had to go buy it. IMO better than his back to the future movies.

Watched first half of this last night, did not like - certainly not in the same league as back to the future.

Felt terribly dated for a 2002 film, seemed like a made for tv movie tbh.

Also Project X, 2/10:mad:

Soldato
I rewatched Matrix Trilogy. Haven't seen since cinema. I had totally forgotten what happens in the third. I do like it, even if it was an apparent rip off of Invisibles. Even the not-so-subtle religious conclusion was food for thought.

I still think they should combine the terminator and matrix universes. I took to googling on the matrix after watching and came across 'The Mother of The Matrix' thing (which I still haven't decided whether is a hoax), indicating both those scripts were actually written as one script. I think it'd be hella cool to have Matrix / Terminator crossover film (although even an epic idea like that would still invariably result in a poor film judging by recent action film efforts).

Soldato
Jurassic Park 1 and 2 on Bluray last night. The original film has to be 9/10. The 2nd maybe 6/10. Just not as good as big brother.

X Men First Class the night before that. Brilliant film. Rather helped by the presence of January Jones and Rose Byrne. :cool:

Soldato
The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10. Another excellent Nolan Batman movie. Didn't realise how long it was until I got out of the cinema. Definitely dragged less than The Dark Knight with the (somewhat pointless) Ferry bit adding to the runtime.

Associate
The Dentist (1996) - 6/10

Horror that is more of a laugh than anything else as a psycho dentist starts a killing spree after he discovers his wife with the pool man.

Caporegime
The Richard Donner cut of Superman II. Really good film. It reminded me of Spiderman 2 in some ways, in terms of the arc, the strength of the villains compared to the hero, and the similar great power, great responsibility type thing going on. I'll have to watch the theatrical cut sometime soon, and play spot the difference.

In related news, is it wrong to properly fancy Ursa in this film? Mind you, Christopher Reeve was pretty devastatingly handsome in his day, come to that.

Soldato
The Last King of Scotland - had me on the edge of my seat, fantastic film. If you haven't heard of it it follows the life of a young Scottish doctor who is made personal physician to Idi Amin in Uganda in 1971, what follows is at times very funny, very scary and truly amazing. It is a fictional account based on real events. Forest Whittaker won a lot of awards for his Idi Amin, well deserved too. It certainly made me read a bit more about an inc readably charismatic and dangerous man. 5/5

Caporegime
The Last King of Scotland - had me on the edge of my seat, fantastic film. If you haven't heard of it it follows the life of a young Scottish doctor who is made personal physician to Idi Amin in Uganda in 1971, what follows is at times very funny, very scary and truly amazing. It is a fictional account based on real events. Forest Whittaker won a lot of awards for his Idi Amin, well deserved too. It certainly made me read a bit more about an inc readably charismatic and dangerous man. 5/5

Yea this is a good film. I lent the dvd to a mate but he stopped watching it after 30 mins because he was bored:/ really descends into a high tempo film after a while of build up.

Back
Top Bottom