What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Dark Knight Rises 7/10.

Left feeling disappointed. Also needed subs for a lot of Bane's dialogue. Much preferred the previous two instalments.

Caporegime
Dictator was shockingly unfunny, as in I really did think I'd find it a not brilliant but decently funny watch. All jokes about Anna Farris were simply not funny, 99% of it wasn't funny. Borat wasn't brilliant but it was decent enough.

Battleship was rubbish also 3/10, jokes weren't funny, the CGI wasn't bad at all but we basically saw one alien weapon which was pretty god damned bland, a few fairly boring bog standard robots and most of the action was fairly uninspired, especially the pretty awful actual battleship(the game) part of the film.

Brooklyn Decker is worth 5/10(well looking up nude photo's of her is anyway), the horrific acting and writing brings the score down a lot though.

Hunger Games, meh, just, meh, just absolutely uninspired. While things like kids dying should be shocking and heart wrenching and the emotion when kids die or are forced to kill it was just so so badly done, so painfully obvious you could see every death coming a mile off and it ended up pretty much bland.

Pandorum 6 to 7/10, some good performances, quite a good feel to it, randomly watched it on netflix without knowing much about it was quite impressed. Not brilliant but certainly better than a lot of the crap coming out lately.

Outlander same as above, same score, some good performances, surprisingly decent film.

Soldato
just watched "battleship". purely because i felt i had to. i knew it was going to be the usual us propaganda bs and it surley deliverd.

one thing though, there was a line in the film that im sure i have heard in another war film.

"Are we really going to fire on the oahu ?"
ring any bells with it?

Soldato
Showdown in little Tokyo.
Dolph and brandon lee fumble their way though an 80's film that came out in the early ninties.

5.5/10...

5.5 ?? :p its one of those films that if you watched it in the 90's then its a classic and you take as what it is an action comedy and excuse the cheesy bits.

If your you only first watched it recently then you don't really 'get it' I suppose

Soldato
Hunger Games

Oh dear, I haven't read the books. But the movie alone was pretty dire, it never went anywhere, awful characters, awful script for the most part, bad direction. Then the completely "meh" ending which is a source of debate on the internets for various rhyme and reason.

But like with any movie, I went in armed with my own expectatiosn after browsing the plot and cast on IMDB.

I expected more, it felt like a less crap Twilight.

5/10

Soldato
The Tunnel - Downloaded it (for free from their website) about a year ago and forgot about it until I noticed it for sale on DVD the other day. Australian indie horror film done on a low budget. Wasn't particularly scary really but for a film that was basically about a bunch of people going through some abandoned underground tunnels filming everything, it was quite well made and didn't really feel amateurish.

Associate
Shutter Island - 8/10

Despite figuring out the plot within the first 10 minutes I thoroughly enjoyed this film.
Good performances from DiCaprio and Ben Kingsley.
It was also surprisingly realistic in the way it deals with Psychosis.
Can't really say more without spoiling it but this is one of the finest films I've seen this year.

Also anyone who has seen this should read The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks.

Soldato
Clerks 2
Brilliant comedy, I love it so 8.5/10 :D
There is no need to watch the first one either, there is one small reference at the start of the film but they are not linked other than that.

Soldato
Hunger Games
I expected more, it felt like a less crap Twilight.

5/10

This movie was apparently aimed at the Twilight audience. And as such, it made a stack load of money at the Box Office.

Perhaps you have to be a teenage girl who wants to be in love, to enjoy the movie?

Caporegime
The Deer Hunter. It was ok, but I don't think I got it. The Russian roulette thing just didn't seem to quite make sense. I thought de Niro was brilliant, and the bits either side of Vietnam were really well done but... I just didn't see the big deal.

I also watched TT:Closer to the edge last night. My wife said Guy Martin come across as a bit of a nob, and he kinda was. Interesting nonetheless.

Also watched Lady and the Tramp with the kids. Nothing to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom