What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Quiet Earth - 8/10

A bloke wakes up to find he is seemingly the only person left in the world.

This cult classic sci-fi drama from the eighties is depressing viewing but very good at the same time. I really enjoyed it.

Soldato
The Grey - 8/10 - Bleak film, great performance from Neeson.

Haywire - 7/10 - Some good action but it just felt a little weird to me. Loads of stars, Gina is stunning, but it all seemed a little plod like and predictable. Still enyoable though!

Contraband - 6.5/10 - Not a bad way to spend some time, but nothing to write home about.

Wrath of the Titans - 6/10 - Not sure what to say about the story, a bit pish really. SOme great action though!

Associate
The Expendables 2
6/10

A fun film that shouldn't be excused for having a mediocre plot and the dialogue of a straight-to-DVD Steven Seagal film (he's appearing in the sequel btw).

Also, Arnie made me cringe and Van Damme was suprisingly brilliant.

Soldato
Keith Lemon

1/10, totally dire, only given it a 1 because it's Keith Lemon, but there's no real storyline, and the acting is awful. It's just a conveyer belt of B list and lower celebrities doing their bit. Avoid like the plague.

Tbh, I would have expected nothing more from such a film. I doubt it's supposed to be taken seriously. Did you get many laughs from it?

Anyway;

I watched Paranormal Activity 2 on Saturday night. Have seen it before and IMO it's the best of the bunch. Made me jump a few times. 6/10.

And then Saving Private Ryan and Jackass 2 last night. Hadn't seen Jackass 2 before.

SPR 8/10 - Excellent film, if a little long. Great audio, very enjoyable.
J2 - 8/10 - Scores so high just because it had me in stitches. Absolutely hilarious (and of course, disgusting!)

Finally, I watched The Dictator this evening. 6.5/10. Pretty funny and enjoyable.

Permabanned
The Quiet Earth - 8/10

A bloke wakes up to find he is seemingly the only person left in the world.

This cult classic sci-fi drama from the eighties is depressing viewing but very good at the same time. I really enjoyed it.

The Quiet Earth is a great film and I wish I could get hold of the book it's based on but alas never had any luck.

The ending always sends shivers down my spine.

One of my favourite movies. I remember watching it as a kid and again recently, it had lost none of its impact. Proof that a great film can be made on a shoestring budget.

Associate
Stake Land - 8/10 - Pretty good take on a vampire apocalypse, its kinda like The Road with vampires.

The Thing (2011) - 7/10 - Better than I thought it would be as a fan of John Carpenter's The Thing. Its a prequel detailing what happened at the Norwegian camp.

Harry Brown - 8.5/10 - Michael Caine as a retiree who has had enough of the gang of youths terrorizing the local estate.

Back
Top Bottom