What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Lol Big trouble. I only watched it for the first time the other month and... wow!

Bit stale in places but it was epic at time. When the fight starts in downtown and it escalates and escalates until that guy runs over the green guy. classic.

Yes, it was comical, but the acting... COME ON!

Character development... What's that?????

(etc)

Also it was full of Asian stereotyping to the point of racism tbh... :o

Soldato
I would say that Kurt's character was amazed by some of the stuff he was seeing.
When the old man got run over in the alley and then came back to life he was completely shocked.

I didn't find anything wrong with the acting. I watched the movie when I was in my teens, so perhaps this could have a bearing, but I thoroughly enjoyed Big Trouble in Little China.

Soldato
Big Trouble in Little China - Amazingly awful (really really bad...). Does not deserve it's IMDB score at all. And certainly should not have score higher than "The Golden Child", which was MUCH better, and yet scored horribly. My opinion of IMDB has been changed for life...

I also watched "Safe", which was poor. Great concept, but ruined by being a cheesy action movie which focused on it's rubbish story, rather than the action. Shame.

And "Tropic Thunder":- Rubbish gore/toilet humor. Saved ever-so-slightly by a few clever jabs at the movie industry. But certainly not enough to make it worth watching.

BTILC is amazingly bad. I love it because everyone's playing it for laughs, especially Kurt Russell's crazy John Wayne impression.

Some of the set pieces are great too. It's also one of the first big Hollywood films to show the American as a total bumbling fool which in itself is a pretty funny thing.

Man of Honour
Re-watched pandorum as everyone rated it and first time I watched it I slated it. Really not as bad I remember. But sometimes I get very distracted and don't really watch the film. But hey oh.

New score
7/10

Soldato
God Bless America 8/10

Good film highlighting all that is wrong with modern populist culture in the US and here in the UK. The basic premise was a guy gets fed up with it and takes a 'stand' against it, good film but felt a little odd having the young girl in the story, not sure it sat right.

Soldato
Wanted : Bleh 7/10

Sin City : Bored 6/10

Troy : Battles 6/10

Blindness : Concept 5/10

Jumper : Mindless 5/10

Orphan : Fun 7/10

The Fast and the Furious : Point break with cars 6/10

The Raid Redemption : Violent 6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Keith Lemon

1/10, totally dire, only given it a 1 because it's Keith Lemon, but there's no real storyline, and the acting is awful. It's just a conveyer belt of B list and lower celebrities doing their bit. Avoid like the plague.

Back
Top Bottom