What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Hunger Games

Read the book which was very good (for a book aimed and the younger generation) but the film really wasn't very good. Even if you hadn't read the book it still missed out a fair amount of description and explanation about it all. I didn't like the direction, thought the special effects looked quite poor, the expected changes to the book were very poor, Woody Harrelson wasn't very good, and overall it looked cheap and rushed. 4/10 at most from me.

Caporegime
MiB3, 3/10, rubbish action, poor acting, poor story, terrible comedy, terrible effort.

I'm not sure there was anything redeeming, there are lots of "Will smith trying to say something in a funny way" moments, but the comments weren't funny, nor delivered well. Rubbish rubbish bad guy, ridiculously poor opening sequence.

Crap Eulogy supposed to be funny in its brevity but, just completely boring, awful bad guy/powers, crap jokes like all models are aliens, bowling the guys head to get the ludicrously stupid info that the boss is sitting dead in the office, behind the guys they are "questioning" and he's been killed yet the two guys sitting outside said office don't know. Outside of "O" being hot, I don't think there was anything worthwhile about the film at all.

The film is full of plot holes and frankly complete stupidity, which on top of the comedy being weak as hell makes it all but worthless. One was passable, 2 and 3 were cack.

Soldato
Changeling - Set in the late 20's and based on a true story. Was a good enough film to waste hours on a Sunday afternoon but it was a little too long and coming from Clint Eastwood it was bound to be dragged out. Still a good film but wouldn't watch again - 6/10

Knowing - Slow starter, got interesting in the middle but then turned to an ultimate cheese fest by the end. 5/10

Associate
Coach Carter - 7/10

Haven't seen it in years, start and middle pretty good still but after now having seen it a fair few times, the end seems to be badly dragged out and get's a little boring.

Loses the quick tempo it has at the start and middle.

Soldato
I've said it before, but here I go again... The Watchmen comic was intended by Alan Moore to make the point that there are things you can do in comic books that you can't do in films. Then they make the film and it doesn't quite work. Ta-da.

It's not bad, but the book is miles better.

sums it up perfectly for me.

Associate
The Asylum Tapes - 2/10

Found footage film about three kids breaking into an old abandoned asylum.

I am a horror fan but this was one of the worst I have seen for a long while. Just nothing going for it at all. Avoid!

Caporegime
Men in Black 3 - I wasn't expecting much as the 2nd film was dire, but I actually enjoyed it and Josh Brollin as a young Tommy Lee Jones really worked!

7/10

No... just, no.

MiB3, 3/10, rubbish action, poor acting, poor story, terrible comedy, terrible effort.

I'm not sure there was anything redeeming, there are lots of "Will smith trying to say something in a funny way" moments, but the comments weren't funny, nor delivered well. Rubbish rubbish bad guy, ridiculously poor opening sequence.

Crap Eulogy supposed to be funny in its brevity but, just completely boring, awful bad guy/powers, crap jokes like all models are aliens, bowling the guys head to get the ludicrously stupid info that the boss is sitting dead in the office, behind the guys they are "questioning" and he's been killed yet the two guys sitting outside said office don't know. Outside of "O" being hot, I don't think there was anything worthwhile about the film at all.

The film is full of plot holes and frankly complete stupidity, which on top of the comedy being weak as hell makes it all but worthless. One was passable, 2 and 3 were cack.

Yes, sums it up. Shockingly bad film.

Caporegime
Fifth Element - Love it. Totally off the wall and out there. Bruce Willis is pretty funny as well.

Casablanca - Never seen this before. I really liked it. It was old school romantic, quite witty. Good redemption for the leads at the end.

Soldato
Went to the cinema today. Saw two movies.

Dredd 3D - 7/10. Its a fairly decent Judge Dredd movie. Dark, gritty and the action was pretty good. It had its flaws, but I would watch it again.

Total Recall - 8/10. I loved the original, so I half expected to hate this, but it surprised me by being really good. It had a lot of nice nods to the original, while putting its own spin on things.

Back
Top Bottom