What film did you watch last night?

fez

fez

Caporegime
its not that bad.

people who think stuff like crystal skull are terrible movies have never seen really terrible movies ;)

People who think that are delusional. What! aliens, thats madness. Give me back the ark of the covenant or mystical stones because they are much more likely to be real than aliens. People were slating it before they even saw it and went to see it with that in mind.

If you didn't like it because of the film, fine, just don't mention how absurd the plot is compared to the others.

Soldato
But the Crystal skull had vine swinging monkeys and super fast flesh eating ants, a man surviving a nuclear bomb in a fridge, and a stupid sword fight in a cgi backdrop.

The problem with Crystal Skull was more than just aliens.

Caporegime
People who think that are delusional. What! aliens, thats madness. Give me back the ark of the covenant or mystical stones because they are much more likely to be real than aliens. People were slating it before they even saw it and went to see it with that in mind.

If you didn't like it because of the film, fine, just don't mention how absurd the plot is compared to the others.

I said this at the time, but I'll say it again. Our Western culture is much more prepared to except the mythos of established religions (Christianity, Hinduism, Christianity, in that order) than it is aliens. Hence Crystal Skull got slammed as being "unrealistic" while people were prepared to accept the Ark, magic rocks and the Grail.

Soldato
Assassinns on ITV last night. 5/10.

I have to mark it down on the following points:

A bizarre performance by Antonio Banderas, playing a strange character who really doesn't work imo.
Absolutely zero chemistry between Julianne Moore and Stallone, which gets in the way.

There was just something up with this film that I can't quite put my finger on....everything just seemed a bit off, from the characters to the performances, to the action scenes where people are running about with guns and no one seems to care.

These were the most obvious pitfalls for me.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
With regards to Indiana Jones and the 'aliens'. One of my favourite authors is Matthew Reilly and he has written some truly awesome adventure books in a similar vein to Indy adventures. He touches on a lot of far fetched ideas but they aren't as crazy as Crystal Skull was. I wish some of his books were made in to films. Temple being a very good book I read when I was ill once during school, I read the whole damn book in 2 days. I'd never read a book properly previous to that in my life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_(novel)

Soldato
Troy - Decent enough 7/10

Plus the way it was portrayed i was routing for the trojans, but then everyone dies.

I was also routing for the Trojans.
Eric Bana's character (Hector) is that of the uber wise big brother that everybody wants to have. Great fighter, combined with a calm demeanor who generally makes the right decisions.

I felt that the attacking army were the baddies.

Back
Top Bottom