What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Dredd 3D - Great film, really enjoyed it. Cheesy one liners haven't been delivered that well since the 80's :p. -. 7.5/10

Lawless - not going to be to everyone's taste, Nick Cave screenplay so can be quite slow at times but dark and great storytelling. I really enjoyed it, another great performance by Tom Hardy, that guy is the best actor around atm. . -. 8/10

Caporegime
Raid - good martial arts/action film but apart from that there isn't anything that special about it. Also felt that some fight scenes went on for too long especially the last one with the 2 brothers fighting the small guy, just when you thought it was about to end, it kept going on and on and on :p 6/10

Super - a fair bit like kick ass but no where as good. A more "stupider" version and a bit duller/sadder compared to kick ass. Some parts were so stupid that it was funny and it really picked up at the ending 6.5/10

Soldato
Raid - good martial arts/action film but apart from that there isn't anything that special about it. Also felt that some fight scenes went on for too long especially the last one with the 2 brothers fighting the small guy, just when you thought it was about to end, it kept going on and on and on :p 6/10

That's exactly thing that struck me.
I think at some stage, had a weapon stuck in his head (brain damage), but the dude continued to beat up the brothers.

Soldato
what was good about the raid was the sheer edge of my seat feeling i had due to the tension and brutality, especially when they were hidden behind the wall!

Soldato
Seeking a friend for the end of the world.

This film has me in a bit confused. I can't work out if it was poetically brilliant or just bizarrely average. Steve Carell is his usual character, loveable but misunderstood who finds happyness eventually blah blah blah. I kinda didn't care about him or whatever he was doing, but the director does seem to convey a very poignant message of what the hell would you do with your last weeks on earth.

I would say its slightly underated as it bombed big style on release, but definitely worth a watch.
6/10

Caporegime
Indeed! Except wasn't in his head, but his neck (broken glass light tube) :p Either way should have been dead from that or at least extremely weak/barely alive considering the amount of blood he would have lost etc. yet as you said still continued to beat the carp out of the 2 brothers......

that scene behind the wall was very well done, had me on the edge of my seat as well :D

Another stand out scene for me:

was when they where in the centre of the building on level 6, just after lockdown and the door behind 3 or 4 SWAT guys is about to open, you then had 2 of them watching it and one SWAT was panicking & about to fire his shotgun and the other guy just noticed all the bad guys above them (level 7) looking for the SWAT team but couldn't seem due to no lights and them wearing all black obviously :p then BAM! Guys fires his shotgun and reveals their position to the unaware group above and all hell breaks loose :cool:

Soldato
Lawless.

It was a good story and looked stunning but I can't help think that they didn't go into nearly enough detail and character development and there were a couple of scenes purely there for the sake of showing us how 'deep' the writer is.

I enjoyed it, and I had a can of beer whilst watching it which seemed apt, but it's not amazing. 6/10 I think.

Soldato
Hunger Games - Not as bad as I thought it could have been, was more like a mash up of Battle Royale and The Running Man.

7.5/10

Also watched Pirahna 3DD the other night, couldn't bear to post for a couple of days it's that bad, it appears the Pirahna's have developed a 'liking' for chlorine!!!

1.5/10 (for the gratuitous nekked ladies)

Back
Top Bottom