What film did you watch last night?

Associate
:D

I think I am going to have to watch this movie, just to see who I am going to side with.

drunkenmaster or Showboat

I think we both agree its garbage!

Just finished watching Prometheus and not expecting much after all the bad reviews it got.
It was actually watchable. 6/10

Soldato
I think we both agree its garbage!

Just finished watching Prometheus and not expecting much after all the bad reviews it got.
It was actually watchable. 6/10

Ooops. Sorry, I meant Combat Fighter, who gave this movie 9/10.

Anyway. Snow white and the huntsman. I saw this.

Its not as bad as 2/10. But certainly not a 9/10.
I would give it 5/10, for effort.

One problem was that the evil queen was better looking than Snow White.

When the Evil Queen asked who is the fairest of them all, and the mirror replied, "Snow White". I thought, "Mirror, I think you need to get some glasses".
Don't get me wrong, Ms Stewart is a good looking girl, but Theron, looked better. Plain and simple.

Also, at no stage did I side with Snow White. She hardly had any dialogue and didnt really do much throughout the movie. If she had died in the middle of the movie, it wouldn't have made any difference.

And during the final fight, I actually wanted the Evil Queen to win, as I had no feeling (good or bad) towards Snow White.

I think it would've been better if they had made the Evil Queen, more evil. Perhaps if she beheaded a few kids or similar.

I don't blame the actors for this. I blame the casting crew and the script/story writers.

Permabanned
The Tall Man.

Was not what I was expecting that is for sure, I envisaged a formulaic horror movie based loosely on the modern urban myth The Slender Man, what I got was an unconventional and really rather good abduction movie.

Well worth a watch.

Soldato
I watched Prometheus last night.

My mind is utterly divided on the film. Utterly divided, the acting seemed mostly ok.
The premise to the storyline remaining unexplained I am fine with.
Just some of the scenes and in particular the engineered creatures, really unsure of those. Not entirely convinced they belong within the canon.

6maybe7/10

Soldato
Dredd.

I didn't have the option on non 3D, other than not watching it at the cinema, and once again 3D has proven it's pointless. The 3D was, for 99% of the film, utter ****e.

Pretty brutal in places and I reasonably enjoyed it. 6/10

Associate
Am I the only person who thought that the 3D in Dredd wasn't that bad? In fact pretty good? It added to the slow motion parts of the film, and the shots where the tower block was shown it added a sense of height/depth within the complex. I found that it added to all the vertical falling scenes too.

Last edited:
Associate
American Reunion - 2/10
Simply no other word to describe it other than ****. It gets the 2 points for the opening 5/10mins opening scene which was pretty funny but the rest was dire. which is a shame as the 1st three films in the series are really good. Thought this might of been a return to the good old days instead of all this 'Beta House' crap that they have been doing recently.

Battleship - 8/10
Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Great action scenes and a kinda cool story line :)

Soldato
The Hangover II
5/10 not bad, funny in parts

The Dictator
7/10 some of his best work I'd say

The Expendables
1/10 utterly terrible, 1 point for the scene with Bruce and Arnie and the only remotely amusing line in the film

Permabanned
Groundhog Day - Been many many years since I'd last seen it. Wasn't bad, but not as good as it once was (if that makes any sense) 7/10

People miss the point of The Expendables - It's suppose to be cheesy and utter tripe. It is a **** take of all the 80's action movies. You gotta watch it twice to understand where Stallone was going with it. If you just roll with the movie it's a much better exp. Switch brain off and just wallow in the cheesy lines and poor action sequences.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom