What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Buried

w2q8z.jpg

Buried. A truck driver buried alive in a coffin (in Iraq). 7.5/10. It's a high-concept film which manages to do justice to the concept (a rarity).

(May possibly appeal to people who enjoyed "127 Hours").

Soldato
The Tall Man.

Was not what I was expecting that is for sure, I envisaged a formulaic horror movie based loosely on the modern urban myth The Slender Man, what I got was an unconventional and really rather good abduction movie.

Well worth a watch.

I thought it was absolute ****

I'll expand
Basically I was hoping for a really great horror film, not a film with a strong moral outlook. The whole stealing children to sell them on because the children didn't have a future was just claptrap IMO

Last edited:
Soldato
The Gold Rush - My second Charlie Chaplin this week, this one was 87 years old and included some special effects! I was impressed with it, I liked the fact that whilst it was a silent film from 1925 it was narrated by Charlie himself (added for a 1942 re-release I have read). 4/5

Man of Honour
Machine Gun Preacher 2011

Machine Gun Preacher tells the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds his unexpected calling as the savoir of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children in war-torn Sudan. Gerard Butler (300, Coriolanous) delivers a searing performance as Childers, the impassioned founder of the Angels of East Africa rescue organization in Golden Globe®-nominated director Marc Forster’s (Monster’s Ball, The Kite Runner) moving story of violence and redemption.

9/10
An expceptionally good film, with a misleading title. It is not a b-movie cheap action film. This is a very good watch, that I expect most people have avoided due to title. Don't let the title or description put you off.

Caporegime
The Descendants. George Clooney is great in this, quite a noble everyman facing difficult decisions and coming out... fairly well, on the whole, just about. It's pretty murky at times, to be honest. It's tragic without being overdone.

Soldato
The Dictator
7/10 some of his best work I'd say

Obviously, movies are subjective, but seriously, how can you give The Dictator 7/10?

Ali G and Borat were decent, but I failed to laugh even once, throughout The Dictator. And I actually can't remember not laughing in a comedy, before. This must rank as the most unfunniest comedy I have ever seen.

I'm watching Good Luck Chuck on the telly right now and I'm laughing at some of those scenes...but Dictator - that was terrible.

Soldato
Oldboy - fantastic concept of a guy being imprisoned for something by someone but not told who or why or for how long. Well worth watching. It is in Korean but don't let that put you off. 4/5

Soldato
Takers. 4/10

film is drivel, try so hard to be a slick heist movie but its just very poor, shot with a decent budget and that's about it's only saving grace, a 4 is generous and one to avoid if possible.

gone in 60 seconds 8/10

Gets 8/10 just for the shelby mustang :D

Grown ups

8/10 amusing comedy and light hearted, always cheers you up.

Soldato
i watched a letter to zachary. it's not a film so to speak, more a documentary but it's good if not very sad. can't really score it though.

Soldato
Machine Gun Preacher 2011

9/10
An expceptionally good film, with a misleading title. It is not a b-movie cheap action film. This is a very good watch, that I expect most people have avoided due to title. Don't let the title or description put you off.

Watched this, totally agree with the above post too, excellent excellent movie and well wroth the time to watch.

Soldato
Sherlock Holmes 2

Good plot, cool fight scenes, guns, explosions, hot girls & decent actors. Fun film! They go overboard with the effects but some people will like it i suppose. Maybe a tad too long at 2hrs as well but as previously said, it's a good plot so they fill the film out pretty nicely, doesn't seem like 2hrs. -must be a good thing eh..

7/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom