What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
i watched a letter to zachary. it's not a film so to speak, more a documentary but it's good if not very sad. can't really score it though.

This made the girlfriend and I cry uncontrollably for a good while after the film. Great documentary - actually made me quite bitter and angry for a bit too, plus it stayed with my the whole weekend!

Twelve Monkeys - very good time travel/dystopian film by Terry Gilliam. 4/5

If you've not had the chance to before, best check out La Jetee. It's a Sixties film which Twelve Monkees is based on. It's quite different, definitely falls into the "ahead of its time" category and one of the most interesting pieces of film ever!

I watched Jeff, Who Lives at Home last night. A very solid 8/10. Great cast of Jason Segel, Ed Helms, Judy Greer and Susan Sarandon.

It's very funny in places, quite uncomfortable in others and filmed very well. A top notch indie-type film fronted by an excellent line-up and good script.

Associate
The Divide - Quite emotional and fascinating to see how the survivors interact with each other. A film about society and human nature. 7/10

God Bless America Really enjoyed this. Definitely worth a watch no matter what your taste in film. 9/10

Associate
Avengers - 7/10

Decent effects and action scenes but was let down by poor pacing.
Thought Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr were very good in their roles; Thor seemed underused though and I don't think Black Widow was suited to the film.

Soldato
Avengers.

Still a fantastic movie! 10/10

Got 1/2 way through it and the missus walks in and tells me she wants to watch it as she likes the Iron Man films (subtle way of saying she likes Downey Jr). I'd say it was heading for a 9-10/10!

Watched Thin Red Line - not a bad film but not as good as I remembered it. 6.5/10

Indiana Jones: Last Crusade: still a great film nearly 25 years on! How action/adventure films should be. 10/10

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Watched the Bourne Trilogy (well, the first 3 :p) at the weekend, I'd only ever seen the first one.

Overall they were good, but watching the last 2 near enough back to back they were a little samey, but still a good watch.

Associate
Half Nelson. 6/10.

Not the sort of film I'd usually watch, but actually quite enjoyed it. Some quite uncomfortable scenes to watch (school dance...), but I thought the young girl was great and Gosling looked shattered and wasted for much of the movie (which is a credit to him).

Soldato
Get the Gringo

6/10

It was short, too short, they should have had an extra 10-20mins for character development. There was far too much going on, all at the same time. But for a Gibson flick is ok I guess, not bad.

Soldato
Daybreakers. 5/10.

Decent concept and beginning, but it's very bland in places and has poor acting and a rubbish soundtrack. (Also lacks female eye-candy).

Still worth a watch for vampire fans - just don't expect too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom