What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Entrapment. Pretty stupid story wise, and the acting wasn't up to much, particularly from Catherine Zeta-Jones. Some of the action sequences were great, though, and even if her acting was awful CZJ is pretty stunning.

Associate
Resident Evil - Damnation, always loved the resident evil films. But lately they're definitely losing their touch.

Although the level of CGI in that film was amazing, crazy how realistic things are starting to look. I really did have to question at times if it was 3D or shot with a camera ( Mainly the background/scenes, the characters still have this generated look to them).

7/10 kept me entertained for two hours.

Soldato
Avengers Assemble - 10/10

Excellent film. Probably the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Quite annoyed that the UK Blu-ray has been edited though and is missing the directors commentary. If I'd have known that before the pre-order was sent out, I'd have cancelled it.

Soldato
The Darkest Hour - 1/10
Yes it really is that bad, don't waste your time. I flicked through most of it. It really is astonishing how this could have been approved for release, the acting is laughable the storyline is a joke (lol developing a weapon to hurt aliens at home) and the whole feel is just.... There is no feel, nothing. The 1 point is for the effects which are not too bad!

The Raid - Redemption - 10/10
One of the best action films in years, utterly gripping throughout with the soundtrack understated but perfect. A masterpiece of an action film with 'The Fight' near the end being as good as you'll ever see!

Cannot wait for the Blu Ray!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Prometheus - Not a fantastic film by any standards, but it made me want to watch the second.

I think a 6/10 is sufficient.

There was absolutely no need to add the Alien to this film. It could have worked as a standalone trilogy with a bit more thought to the plot and characters.

Soldato
Prometheus - Not a fantastic film by any standards, but it made me want to watch the second.

I think a 6/10 is sufficient.

There was absolutely no need to add the Alien to this film. It could have worked as a standalone trilogy with a bit more thought to the plot and characters.

Yeah I agree with most of that. I am looking forward to the next Prometheus to see where it goes.

I would give it 7/10

Associate
Heavy Metal - 70's/80's cartoon movie 'featuring' heavy metal from the likes of Black Sabbath and.... Journey?! Also with gratuitous oversized boobies. What more can you say (except I was expecting more from the music and wasn't expecting the cartoon nudity)?
Thanks for that one Netflix

Soldato
The Third Man. Good film although the actual story, and what it becomes about at the end, is rather dull. 6/10

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Never seen it before, but I found it a bit predictable and silly really. Was Ok I guess. 6/10

Drive. It was good. Dark, moody and not much dialogue, but I enjoyed it. 7/10

Man of Honour
Prometheus - 7/10.

Effects were good, story seemed a bit lackluster and the ending was very anticlimactic. Bonus points because I love a bit of sci-fi.

Men in Black 3 - 9/10

Rekindled the flame inside me that made me enjoy the first one so much. Second film ruined it, I'm glad this film fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom