What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
X Men - First Class

Not seen this before and for some reason it never really interested me.
Hangover 2 was also on and FMJ was about to start, so there were other options for films that I know I like.

Gave it a go though and tbh I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

main thing that sticks in my mind - January Jones. Just wow, she is so sexy.

7/10 - would definitely watch again.

Anyone know if there will be a follow up to it, like how cyclops moves from chest to eye beams and some of the others now that Prof X has connected with so many mutants?

Associate
Anyone know if there will be a follow up to it, like how cyclops moves from chest to eye beams and some of the others now that Prof X has connected with so many mutants?

I think they're making yet another Wovlverine origins :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather see a full reboot of X-men, make it much darker and less McDonalds Happy Meal - if you know what I mean :p

Caporegime
Don't do it...!! No, the second half is okay but it doesn't sock it to you like the first.

If ever there was a film which could be split in two, this is it. Second half is completely different, it is not that bad and just remember that it was all filmed in London.

FMJ is awesome. Both parts.

The second half is weaker, but it's still good. I think the biggest problem is that it just feels like such a shift, as though the two parts are barely connected.

I quite fancy watching Platoon again sometime soon...

Soldato
Full Metal Jacket 9.5/10

Still a classic, never get bored of waching this :D

The Road 9/10

Very powerful and moving. The love shared between the father and son is special and really comes across on camera.

Associate
X Men - First Class

Not seen this before and for some reason it never really interested me.
Hangover 2 was also on and FMJ was about to start, so there were other options for films that I know I like.

Gave it a go though and tbh I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

main thing that sticks in my mind - January Jones. Just wow, she is so sexy.

7/10 - would definitely watch again.

There will be a follow up and they are starting work on it soon. It was Havok that was in first class not Cyclops, they are brothers in the comics.

Caporegime
Yes really good film. Go and watch it! lol

COol :D

There will be a follow up and they are starting work on it soon. It was Havok that was in first class not Cyclops, they are brothers in the comics.

Ah never knew that! I noticed they called him havoc just expected a name change with different equipment. But brothers makes sense :)

Hope it's as good as the First Class, it was one of the better prequels imo.

Soldato
The second half is weaker, but it's still good. I think the biggest problem is that it just feels like such a shift, as though the two parts are barely connected.

I quite fancy watching Platoon again sometime soon...

I would have to agree with you about Full Metal Jacket, as it really does feel different in the second half. Many times I used to only watch the first half of the film, but now I can appreciate both halves.

Platoon is awesome.:cool:

Soldato
Notorious - early Hitchcock thriller about a Nazis daughter being used by the US to try to get info on other ex Nazis in south America. Was good, a lot of sexual tension for a film so old. Not as good as Hitcock's later films though. 3/5

Associate
Prometheus - 8/10

Didn't get the chance to watch it in the cinema, so waited for the Blu Ray.

Don't really understand all the hate, a little bit more attention to detail would have been nice.

It's not as good as the first two Alien films, but I never expected it to be, can't remember the second two quite so well, so will have to re watch them, however the acting was brilliant, the visuals were nice, but not overdone, overall a good film.

Back
Top Bottom