What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Prometheus. 6/10. Reasonably enjoyable although the story is utter nonsense.

How so? You do realise it's set like 50 years before the events on the Nostromo..

I can understand how some people think it's complete garbage but they needed to reinvent the whole story anyway, they've allowed sufficient time prior to what happens on the Nostromo as well to potentially have several of these films, i'm pleased about that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Casshern ... Err... Well the dialogue is better then the action for me. But overall i think the attempted style is just too much and diminishes from the film, not adding to it.

Sin city uses unusual style but is a good film, this goes too far for me and i just couldn't tune in properly and connect with it.

6/10..

Soldato
Just watched "Catch 44"; utter gash. 2/10 because the soundtrack was good and Forrest whitaker had a few reasonable moments

Gonna watch "Warrior" again now cos it is awesome.

Soldato
I watched Dredd 3D this afternoon, an enjoyable experience, Urban was what I expected from Dredd. A future one could see happening, its not too distant from what we have now, we just don't have any Joe Dredds about to sort things out.

8/10

Soldato
Does Metal Gear Solid 2 count as a movie :p? Its cut scene to game play ratio is astonishing!

Just watched Taken for the first time - awesome film if not too Ramboesque at times 8/10. Looking at the plot for the second film though, I just hope it doesnt fall into the same trap The Hangover 2 did with it being very much the same film with a paper thin coating of paint.

Last edited:
Don
Surrogates - 8/10

Was on BBC3 last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, it's about a near future where effectively Second Life is actually in real life using robot avatars called surrogates, so people can be who ever they want to be - so Bruce Willis has a full head of hair :p

It's quite a good social commentary on people living their lives through online gaming or social networks. Even got the hot blonde girl who really is a fat bloke in reality.

Soldato
I also liked Surrogates. Not a brilliant film by any means, but it was entertaining. At the end of the day, that's what films are meant to do. If it entertains, then that's a darn sight better than watching some critically acclaimed film, that you find rather boring.

Back
Top Bottom