What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Tideland - I was reading about Terry Gilliam and this was his only film I had not seen so watched it. Wow! A 9 year old girl is left virtually alone in an abandoned farm house and talks to dolls heads as friends. What an odd film, to be fair, at the beginning of the DVD there was a brief introduction by Mr Gilliam saying that some people will love it, some hate it and others will be left confused. I also read that Michael Palin stated that it was either Terry Gilliam's best or worst film, but he wasn't sure which. I loved it, although while watching it I didn't, if that makes any sense! Anyway I would recommend. 4/5

it truly is a weird movie. i love gilliam so i own a few of his movies. this is the oddest for sure. it leads you one way then another.

as you say, many will hate it. but i thought it was intriguing.

Soldato
Dredd 3D - 8/10

Really enjoyable film and better than I expected. Gritty, dark, moody, violent as you'll ever see and a great performances from Urban and Headey.

Will be pre-ordering on Blu-Ray, which means it's good :D

*Runs off to buy The Raid*

Associate
Jet li's fearless - 8/10

Seen it quite a few times now, but definitely one of his best, bar some of the wire scenes in the film. The weapons fighting at the end is some of the best i've seen!

Rain Man - 9.5/10

Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear, i get my boxers from K-mart, K-mart Cincinnati.

Associate
At close Range - 8/10
Sean Penn, Christopher Walken. Good 80's film based on real life events of a criminal gang.

Moon - 7/10
Pretty cool sci-fi film.

Caporegime
Drive. Very stylish, if a bit insubstantial. It looks great, the soundtrack and score are amazing and it's well acted. I liked that it wasn't afraid to take things slow and brood a bit. However, the plot felt like fairly standard noir double cross stuff, with your compromised hero in over his head, etc, etc.

I also didn't like the graphic violence. It felt out of place in a film that was otherwise quite subtle about things.

Soldato
Last night I went to see Pulp Fiction in the cinema, 9.5/10
Being 21 I have never seen it in the cinema so seeing it was brilliant, it's a brilliant film anyway but the cinema just made it better!

...and when I get back to my GFs house we watched Burlesque Staring Christina Aguilera & Cher which I give a 5/10. This breaks down to 0/10 for the acting, plot, script, etc. and 10/10 for the eye candy :D

Soldato
Sucker punch was pure style over substance for me. Enjoyed the visuals, thought the film was poo.
Drive was interesting, but I kept wondering if the guy had some kind weird bi-polar autism or something. I'm still not sure. Great atmosphere and soundtrack though.

'Dark knight rises' 8.5/10 @BFI Imax (BIIIIG!)

Took more than a few cues from Arkham City if you ask me, and that's not a bad thing.
All the people going on about how it was too emotional are idiots who obviously haven't ever read a Batman comic in their life.
Batman's entire foundation is based on emotion. It's why he became Batman.

Anyway, good film, great ending.
I did have a few issues with it, but that gets into serious spoiler territory.

Soldato
Thought I'd relax last night but ended up watching far too much

Flight of the Navigator
9/10 - Never fails to satisfy, an absolute classic

Failing to find War Games I ended up on

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
7/10 - Rated quite high as it did get a few laughs from me over the first 30 minutes. First 15 minutes are exceptional and the rest of the film kept the plot together without falling off a cliff as is common with comedies

Machine Gun Preacher
Unrated as I fell asleep probably won't complete this

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I saw Identity again at the weekend. 2nd viewing now and the last time was on release in 2003.

I still don't fully understand the ending, maybe I do actually but It's all confusing still!

Back
Top Bottom