What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Cove - documentary about the dolphin (slaughter) trade in Japan. Disturbing, shocking, brutal but quite exciting at times.

I'd read about the IWC beforehand (with regards to Japanese and Faroe Isles practices) but I had no idea it fostered such attitudes!? I genuinely don't see the point in it.

On the upside, I cried a lot less than when watching Dear Zachary!

Soldato
Rise of The Planet of the Apes
Impressively average I thought, and the section from the street rampage through to the end of the bridge scene was quite poor. 5/10

Associate
im not sure drive is worth the blu-ray. dvd, sure. there isnt anything i can recall that warrants the HD really, unlike some movies.

Thanks for the insight. I'll have look at the blu ray review.

Given all its faults, I found this one of the hardest to overlook. He just didn't suit the character at all.

He just seemed too much of a Hollywood-handsome hero. I would have liked to have seen James Franco's or Cillian Murphy's take on the role.

Man of Honour
The Raid

4/10
I was really looking forward to this and the auction was good, but I just couldn't get into it or connect. It was more like just a tv show on in the background, just couldn't settle down and be engrossed by it.

Associate
I saw it on Blu Ray and thought it looked amazing, but I'm not sure it would have looked much worse on DVD. I don't know if it's the kind of film to really benefit from Blu Ray.

Decided to get it on Blu Ray. If the living room has a 55" Bravia with a DTS-HD amp, might as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom