What film did you watch last night?

Associate
(500) Days of Summer - 6/10

Despite descent performances from the lead characters (Levitt and Deschanel) it ultimately feels flat and unoriginal. Worth a watch but don't expect too much.

Manic (2001) is a much better film featuring both Levitt and Deschanel.

Associate
Why would anyone choose dvd over bluray on any movie made in the last 40yrs is beyond me.

I honestly can't tell the difference, except Blue Ray seems brighter. Cartoons look better but for regular movies I'd rather get DVDs as they're cheaper.

Watched The Green Mile for the first time the other night. Took me two sitting but I really enjoyed it. Can understand why its seen as an epic film.

I'd give it 9/10 only because of the length bad I don't have the time to sit down for that long.

Soldato
Real Steel

Wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed it. Something a little bit different. I even found myself cheering the robot on towards the end :D

8/10

Soldato
Watched Rango this weekend. Really enjoyed it. For a Nickelodeon movie it was pretty grown up in places, especially with the Cameo of Hunter S Thompson at the start! :)

Some great animation. Some of the best ive seen.

8/10

Soldato
Powder Blue - Four Los Angelenos -- a mortician, an ex-con, a suicidal ex-priest, and a stripper -- are brought together on Christmas Eve by a mixture of circumstances.

- Captured quite well actually and a good film 7/10

Soldato
Why would anyone choose dvd over bluray on any movie made in the last 40yrs is beyond me.

because some look terrible. any movie with ridiculous amounts of grain usually looks worse in HD. mosquito central.

i agree that most films look much better in 1080p and HD audio is superb on a decent system.

i do think that some films are a bit wasted in HD, for example when i buy the mrs her bloody twilight movies i dont see the point, and save myself some cash too.

Soldato
the station agent - 7.5/10

grabbed this as it was mentioned on here a few pages back. i had watched it on tv a few years ago but forgot about it.

bourne identity just started on itv2 so will give that another whirl too.

Back
Top Bottom