What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I need to watch Primer again, last time I tried was post pub and I think I made 5 mins in before falling asleep! (That is no reflection on the film :p)

Primer should be watched 9am on a Monday morning after lots of coffee with a calculator, A4 pad and pencil ready to take notes

12 monkeys on the other hand is not that confusing at all, one of my favs for the tragic slightly whacky but unique take 9/10

Soldato
yeh dark city is a good flick. i watched it off the back off a prog house track using the opening sample from sutherland when it came out.

arbitrage - 8/10

some people slated it but i enjoyed it.

Caporegime
prometheus - quite enjoyed it, after reading user opinions etc. I didn't expect an "alien" sort of film and I think that helped a lot! Special effects along with the audio, acting was great. Storyline was decent but not really that original if you ask me, seemed just like a standard modern sci-film, but one of the better ones! The ending was poor though :p 7/10

Soldato
I do hope the people who have watched Dark City viewed the Directors Cut, it fixes a few things that were broken in the theatrical release (like giving the whole movie away in the first few scenes) and makes the tuning effects more obvious.

Just finished watching Cabin In The Woods, quite a good twist on the genre with a couple of references thrown in for good measure.
Kevin?

Soldato
The A-Team
Entertaining but ridiculous. The helicopter scene, cargo plane/tank scene and cargo ship battle scene were just stupid. But it was entertaining. 6/10

The Dictator
Not as good as Borat, but it's different in that it is not setting people up, just a normal comedy movie. I enjoyed it though, plenty of laughs
7/10

Soldato
Looper

YvEN9.png

Soldato
Primer should be watched 9am on a Monday morning after lots of coffee with a calculator, A4 pad and pencil ready to take notes

12 monkeys on the other hand is not that confusing at all, one of my favs for the tragic slightly whacky but unique take 9/10

you didnt take enough acid then... lol.

when straight its fairly simple to grasp. when tripping your **** off its anything but lol.

Soldato
Watched Wargames again the other night, haven't seen it in years.

I forgot how suspenseful it could be in cranking up the nuclear tension, rather laughable in places but a brilliant watch never the less!

I think I have a spec me thread coming on...ooh, there it is!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Chernobyl Diaries - 5/10

Started off well but lost its way half way through and descended quickly to mediocrity. Shame it had such a good premise but failed to deliver. The ending is totally 'meh'.

Associate
The Intouchables

Randomly came across this French film based on a true story about a multi-millionaire tetraplegic who hirers an ex-con to be his 24/7 carer.
Not usually my kind of film and I don't really do subtitles but gave this one a go. Good bit of humour in parts what with their very different (chalk and cheese) backgrounds.

Good soundtrack IMO too.

9/10

Soldato
Prometheus- 7/10. Yeah it was alright. Nowhere near the disaster that some have made it out to be.

Wouldn't mind seeing the directors cut

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom