What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Madagascar 3 - 8/10 (for a kids film) - If you don't enjoy this you must be dead inside! It's much better than Madagascar 2 and while the story "arc" is very predictable it's a kids film so it's allowed to be. The comedy is virtually all physical with no real spoken jokes which makes it accessible to all ages and it benefits from that fact with the visual comedy coming thick and fast throughout.

Last edited:
Soldato
Batman Begins - 8/10

First time I've watched it so it was good to finally see how Batman came to be and a bit Bruce's background. My only real major issue what that the big bad plan fell a bit flat, mostly due to how short lived it was and how little we actually saw of it.

Soldato
The Raven (2012)

As a long time John Cusack fan and an occasional admirer of E.A. Poe I was quite surprised and excited when new broke of this title, however when it released it wasn't well received at all.

Only now have I summoned enough courage to see for myself whether this film deserved it's title or lead player, and I have to say I can see why it didn't break any records.

What should have been a trip through the deepest depth of the human condition filled with pain, anguish, torment and feverish nightmares that would turn even the most jaded viewer into a wreck transpired to be just a standard murder mystery wrapped up in prose.

There also seemed to be a spark missing in Johns delivery, that quirky edge he normally has just wasn't quite as sharp as it usually is.

Lastly... can no production be spared the CGI treatment at all these days? even on such trivial things as wood splinters and blood splatter?
The old masters of fakery are slipping away, either off this mortal coil or out of the business to spend their last years following their hearts.
Their skills should be saved, recorded, passed down from generation to generation, each improving on the work of the previous.
Now all we have are render farms and polygons.

Hollywood has changed so much, what was built upon immigrant german expressionists defining new ways to challenge something... anything... as long as the viewer is pushed into new boundaries, is now just fluff distractions to empty your wallet and mind.
To that I say....

Nevermore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Chernobyl Diaries

5/10 asides from the whole ' we're ****** in a place we really shouldn't be' it reminded me a lot of the Blair witch project IE; a bunch of silly idiots running around with flashlights. Ending was meh and very predictable.

Soldato
Warrior - vary impressive mixed martial art fighting film, was n't sure about it at first but loved it. An Englishman and an Aussie make pretty convincing and bulky US brothers! Had me on the edge of my seat in the fight scenes and I am not a fan of this type of film. 5/5

Back
Top Bottom