What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Looper - 8/10

Turned out better than I thought it would. Bruce Willis was pretty good in it. The story was fairly easy to follow and the twist at the end wasn't really that hard to work out, but I still enjoyed the movie overall.

Soldato
Oliver 1968. Only half way through as it's about 2hr 20mins long. But the youngsters and i have thoroughly enjoyed what we have seen so far. Great acting and songs from the offset and it doesn't look like it's going to slow.

Amazing some of the songs i've heard so far and didn't realise came from the movie!

"Please Sir, i want some more".

Man of Honour
Final Destination 5

Survivors of a suspension-bridge collapse learn there's no way you can cheat Death.

3/10
Even worse than the other ones. I don't mind the first ones, if I'm bored and they're on tv I can watch them. But this one is just dire.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Raid. 3/10. It was rubbish. Bad acting. Stupid plot written by an eight year old. Over choreographed action/fight scenes, which looked fake and was just boring.

Associate
Taken 2 4/10 pretty dreadful

The first Taken brilliant, but 4/10? Doesn't sound promising.

Prometheus 8/10

Loved it and looking forward to directors cut :)

Prometheus- 7/10. Yeah it was alright. Nowhere near the disaster that some have made it out to be.

Wouldn't mind seeing the directors cut

I agree, it's gotten bad reviews and disappointed many but I genuinely believe majority misunderstood the film as a direct sequel to Alien. When Prometheus was emerging it was hinted as an Alien sequel but it was later dismissed as a stand alone film in its own right with connections but the news of an "Alien prequel" was quickly spread like wild fire.

It was always going to be one of those films that either disappointed or loved after so many years since Aliens (2), lets not mention Alien 3 and 4.

The film was fantastic and was done beautifully by Ridley and the directors cut will strengthen the story with scenes that were cut out of the theatrical release.

Caporegime
Oliver 1968. Only half way through as it's about 2hr 20mins long. But the youngsters and i have thoroughly enjoyed what we have seen so far. Great acting and songs from the offset and it doesn't look like it's going to slow.

Amazing some of the songs i've heard so far and didn't realise came from the movie!

"Please Sir, i want some more".

Oliver! is spectacular.

Soldato
Ill Manors...8/10...fantastic movie, one of the years top movies easily. The soundtrack is phenomenal as well, compliments the film massively. Written/directed by Ben Drew (Plan B)

Soldato
12 Monkees was based on it. Amazing film - unfortunately only 30 minutes long, but it's completely original. Paved the way for many a sci-fi/time travel film since the Sixties.

cheers mate. might try to track it down then.

saw God Bless America at the weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1912398/

great movie from bobcat. ultra violent look at american culture and what a man with brain cancer can achieve with an ak47.

not for everyone but i loved it. great script, great acting from the 2 main characters and a really important message.

9/10

Soldato
I watched Bond: QOS for the second time.
My opinion went from 'its a pretty decent film' to a 'meh its really not great'

Theres some great scenes in there (opening car chase, opera scene, Rene Mathis death, plane before parachute bit) but its wrapped in such a rubbish plot and lacks really any decent direction
Also has the 2nd worst cringe moment in any bond film - the falling from the plane bit and parachute at like 1m , rivals brosnan surfing that giant wave. yuk

6/10

Back
Top Bottom