What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Watched a movie yesterday called Safety Not Guaranteed and stars the phenomenally gorgeous Aubrey Plazza. :D

She plays one of three magazine employees who head out on an assignment to interview a guy who has placed a classified ad seeking a companion for time travel. I found it movie itself quite humerous if a little obvious in the direction it was going to take.

It's definitely one i'd recommend though - 8/10 :)

Just watched this myself and pretty much felt the same as you, highly recommended.

A nice feel good film.

Soldato
Pet Sematary.

Absolutely crap, never take recommendations from colleagues who think X Factor is the best thing on TV :(

For some context, I was told that it was really scary with lots of jumpy moments. The film had none of this !

Man of Honour
The sum of all fears.

8/10 a great film and fits nicely in to the series.
Can't wait for the new Jack Ryan film.

All though they don't really follow as in every film they change his back ground.

Caporegime
Lol at LOTR movies being rubbished! They were epic, the amount of money they took and the amount the Hobbit will take, clearly shows this.

Hangover 2 - not as good as the first and I'm worried about a 3rd tbh.
6.5/10

Soldato
Star Wars 2 Attack of the Clones.

0/10 HATEFUL FILM.

I keep managing to forget the film so I watch it like a new one (same for the wedding crashers) and it turns out I have seen it at least 3 times. Every time I have the same anger and annoyance that it just doesn't make sense to why Lucas made it and broke Star Wars. :mad:

Permabanned
Rock of Ages.....Tom Cruise was a surprising, and made the movie. Good fun, good soundtrack, hot lead actress and Tom Cruise playing Steve Tyler better than Steve Tyler....enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

Caporegime
Box office gross is not a clear indicator of quality.

Of course, but a huge trilogy all making silly money and a trilogy of the hobbit being made also kinda indicates that it is clearly a fantastic set of films.
Individual DVDs, blurays, box sets, extended versions etc etc all making lots of sales.

It was an epic trilogy, pure and simple.

Soldato
Box office gross is not a clear indicator of quality.

In terms of a single film I'd agree, but in terms of a trilogy where there is a consistent rise in takings with each release I'd have to disagree.

Edit - Actually, scrap that. I just saw that the Star Wars prequels followed the same trend :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clive Barker's Book of Blood (2008)

Based very loosely on the first story in the first volume of Clive Barker's Books of Blood collection.
It has been quite a while since I read the books but to me at times the film has more of an affinity to a scottish version of Stephen King's Rose Red (2002) than the BoB i remember.

Otherwise it's a just adequate movie, average if not a little dispassionate acting, good camera work.

[edit] The second half of the story has gone it's own way now, moved away from the Rose Red base it built upon. [/edit]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom