What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I finished off Spider-man 3 last night. It was OK but easily the weakest of the Spider-man trilogy. 6/10.

I then watched Moonrise Kingdom. Classic Wes Anderson, extremely well done but just a little too quirky for me. 6/10.

I then watched As Good As It Gets. Seen it before. It is probably my favourite Jack Nicholson film. 9/10.

Permabanned
Branded - 2/10 - major disappointment after seeing the trailer, just a low production movie.
Lincoln Vampire hunter - 7/10
Looper - 8/10 - bit slow in the middle but great visual presentation and overall i liked it.
Taken 2 - 7/10 - bit short and only 1 act realy but none stop action like the first.
Stolen - 7/10 - usual cage action movie, very watchable.
The Campaigne - 7/10 funny and with a meaninful story and i did not get bored half way through.

The ward - 5/10 borderline cheap production but almost believable story

Caporegime
Old Boy - 8/10

Loved it, can't see why they'd would ever need to remake it.

To change the story completely and make some cash off people to lazy to read?

I don't care about remakes, but this one is annoying me. It can never work, they will never tell the same story or have the same impact as the first.

Associate
Speak 9/10

After a blurred trauma over the summer, Melinda enters high school a selective mute. Struggling with school, friends, and family, she tells the dark tale of her experiences, and why she has chosen not to speak.

Won't appeal to everyone but I really liked it.

Soldato
Horrible Bosses - Hadn't even heard of it but found it hilarious. Very hangoveresque, same type of humour, not quite as funny but still laughed out loud plenty of times.

Soldato
Horrible Bosses - Hadn't even heard of it but found it hilarious. Very hangoveresque, same type of humour, not quite as funny but still laughed out loud plenty of times.

One of my fave all-time comedies.
And the best part of it was that it had no romance in it. It was all about the comedy.

Caporegime
One of my fave all-time comedies.
And the best part of it was that it had no romance in it. It was all about the comedy.

and yet was basically predictable, not funny and badly put together. The saturday night live guy was woeful in it, AD guy wasn't anywhere near his best(though he's done a string of terrible comedies since AD went away :( ), the other guy was decent but, terrible script.

Associate
Of course, but a huge trilogy all making silly money and a trilogy of the hobbit being made also kinda indicates that it is clearly a fantastic set of films.
Individual DVDs, blurays, box sets, extended versions etc etc all making lots of sales.

It was an epic trilogy, pure and simple.

Whilst I agree that LOTR was an epic trilogy. I have to disagree that 3 x film + $$$ = Fantastic films

Associate
Ended up a quiet night at work so watched amongst various things "Doghouse" with Danny Dyer.... hmmm.... not the most intellectual of films but just about managed to hang onto my attention for the duration altho I much preferred Shaun of the Dead.

Soldato
I've literally just watched it. It's actually pretty good. Unfortunately, the main character in the book is sullen and doesn't want to play along, so in the film it comes across as the actress not being up to much. Beyond that... The film is good, and my only real criticisms were that the muttations were stupid (but they were in the book as well) and that some things didn't look how I'd imagined them when reading the book, which isn't really a criticism at all.

i watched Hungar Games on Blu @ the weekend. enjoyed it.

maybe because i was a little bit drunk and very stoned but i really got into it. it certainly isnt just a battle royale ripoff. loved some of the visuals too.

7.5/10

Soldato
Rise of the planet of the apes.

Enjoyed it, not really be a planet of the apes fans so this was a suprise, found myself rooting for the chimps towards the end.

7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom