What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Rocky 1 is the best from a serious film buff point of view....Rocky IV is the best from a movie buff point of view.....I loved the fourth movie, probably because it was the one I remember best as a teen...but Rocky 1-4 are really as far as it should've gone.

Completely agree!

Caporegime
Personally I think the Lord of the Rings films are some of the best films made, utterly brilliant. I think to call them a failure is nothing short of hilarious, they might not be to your taste, but you can not fault the production nor the success of the film.

I also think that as far as book to film conversions go, Jackson did exceptionally well with a book that was always refered to as 'unfilmable', I think the extended editions are as good as any film of those books were ever going to get.

In short, another loleasyrider.

Also, back on track, I'm watching Jurassic Park III at the minute and watched Prometheus last night :)

Prometheus was brilliant on blu ray.

And yet you think prometheus was brilliant? You clearly don't know what makes a great film.

LOLstummy

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol at LOTR movies being rubbished! They were epic, the amount of money they took and the amount the Hobbit will take, clearly shows this.

No it doesn't
Box office gross is not a clear indicator of quality.

I agree 100%

Of course, but a huge trilogy all making silly money and a trilogy of the hobbit being made also kinda indicates that it is clearly a fantastic set of films.
Individual DVDs, blurays, box sets, extended versions etc etc all making lots of sales.

It was an epic trilogy, pure and simple.

No it was flawed...riddled with mistakes narrative holes and bad hair nets!

Associate
Bait, was expecting nonsense, got it and more. But still I enjoyed it more than I thought I would have done.... drink may have help.
6/10

Caporegime
I agree with Easyrider, I can't watch them anymore, stupid changes and could have been so much better, missed opportunity to do something truly epic. Dreading what he may doing to the Hobbit, the behind the scenes videos have me worried!

Thats because you know your movies...I cringe now when I watch them....The children on horses looking nothing like Hobbits...The rubber feet of the hobbits...The hair nets of the riders of rohan...The rolling RRRRRRRRRRRR of modor and the fact that Sam calls Frodo Mister when its MASTER FFS:mad:

I could go on...The double edge axe of gimli not knowing if it is doubled edged in certain scenes...The voice of the ent...bad casting as its Gimli again..

Strider crying when Boromoir dies.....Doesn't happen in Game of thrones FFS men die with homour not tears....

The silly scottish merry and pippin....

The empty Full tent at the start that gandalf blows up suddenly is empty

The length

The homo erotica of Sam and frodo...

Frodo's constant facial expression

Fraggle rock CGI in Helms Deep

Legolas silly slide down the steps to back to the future music

London....Knees up brother brown ORCS

Caporegime
And yet you think prometheus was brilliant? You clearly don't know what makes a great film.

LOLstummy

Ah Easyrider.

Yes, I do think Prometheus was brilliant, a flawed work of art if you will allow me.

I can only hope that I never meet anyone else from your little cult that think it's 'cool' to hate on brilliant films.

Also; Box office taking isn't 'proof' of a films quality, just it's success. Lord of the Rings suffers from being brilliant cinematically and a huge box office smash :)

I also await to how Easyrider would have made those films better, c'mon hit us with it. How would you have filmed those films?

Permabanned
Wash your mouth out with soapy water! :eek:

Rocky IV is a childhood favourite of mine, the soundtrack was fantastic! :D

Haha

Sorry my bad I ment #5. Forgot Rocky Balboa was the 6th film. I really didn't like 5.

I shall go get the soap :o

Just borrowed Space Above & Beyond series :D Not seen this since it came out in the 90's.

Soldato
Yes, I do think Prometheus was brilliant, a flawed work of art if you will allow me.

Missed the rest of the discussion (and cba to scroll back), but having watched Prometheus a couple of weeks ago, all I can say is ... meh.

I'm a big fan of Alien and Aliens. Less so 3 and 4, but I found myself twiddling my thumbs wondering how much longer the film was with Prometheus. Definitely not on my personal 'to buy' list.

Soldato
Thats because you know your movies...I cringe now when I watch them....The children on horses looking nothing like Hobbits...The rubber feet of the hobbits...The hair nets of the riders of rohan...The rolling RRRRRRRRRRRR of modor and the fact that Sam calls Frodo Mister when its MASTER FFS:mad:

I could go on...The double edge axe of gimli not knowing if it is doubled edged in certain scenes...The voice of the ent...bad casting as its Gimli again..

Strider crying when Boromoir dies.....Doesn't happen in Game of thrones FFS men die with homour not tears....

The silly scottish merry and pippin....

The empty Full tent at the start that gandalf blows up suddenly is empty

The length

The homo erotica of Sam and frodo...

Frodo's constant facial expression

Fraggle rock CGI in Helms Deep

Legolas silly slide down the steps to back to the future music

London....Knees up brother brown ORCS

I reckon the films could have easily been half an hour shorter just by cutting some of that out, could have had a half hour long extras track of Frodo's facial expression for those that want it.

Caporegime
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom