What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Paddy Considine's reactions and general indifference when he is being threatened by the main guy(can't remember his name) is brilliant! ...one of my favourite scenes ever

Soldato
Guys can we get over who has XYZ degree in what ever subject and trawl this thread back on track please?

We recently watched Seeking a Friend for the end of the World starring the gorgeous Kiera Knightly who comes in at number in 4 in my top five fantasy ladies :p

Disregarding the fact the film has a rather obvious ending going by the title I thought it wasn't actually too bad. I'm aware poor Kiera got slated for her performance in this particular film but I'd have say I thought the film came off quite well as a quirky love story and I'd still recommend others to watch this - 7/10

// Edit // Though I'd consider myself a huge film fan my degree isn't in Media Studies and I'm perfectly happy with my current qualifications and my present occupation :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The Secret In Their Eyes - fantastic Argentinian film about a retired federal justice agent trying to understand and write a book about a rape and murder case from twenty five years ago that he was heavily involved in. Made with flashbacks this film had be enthralled, would recommend to anyone wanting a well paced (maybe a bit slow) thriller. It won the Oscar for best foreign film in 2010. 5/5

Soldato
It doesn't in the blu ray either, only the alternate scenes which are extra's, not cut into the movie itself.

Have you perhaps accidentally downloaded a fan edit?

i have only ever seen it at the cinema

i am aware there are fan edits out there but i am sure i read somewhere there was going to be another version.

ftr. the reason i don't like it is because it says it isn't an alien prequel yet it flirts ridiculously with the alien 'form' and i didn't care one little bit about any of the characters and it just felt way too much style over substance.

and if there's all these extra scenes available which make the film more 'complete' why not put them in there in the first place?

Soldato
Late last night on channel 4 (or this morning :o ) showed 'Running Scared'.

Totally didn't know what too expect as I had never heard of it but it has Paul Walker (from the Fast and furious films) and to be honest, he was brilliant in this sort of film/role.

I won't spoil any of the plot as it can all be found on imdb but the film plays out a bit like a graphic novel/max payne camera style, lots of effects and fancy editing but it fitts in really well throughout the entire film. Hell of a lot of swearing and it is pretty violent so I'd recommend the faint hearted to avoid. :o

Kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through the film. Rare thing these days. :)

Soldato
You claimed to have seen a different scene in the film;

So, you're seeing things or you're confused?

this didn't happen in the cinema version. he just went mad straight away.

there was also only one engineer in the opening scene

Last edited:
Soldato
this didn't happen in the cinema version. he just went mad straight away.

there was also only one engineer in the opening scene

He goes ape straight away on the blu ray as well.

There is also only one engineer in the opening scene on the BR.

The only difference is the deleted scenes which as i said before, aren't incorporated into the movie.

A lot of the deleted scenes would make a better movie, however I think Scott bent over to pressure from Fox for a tighter edit. The end result is somewhat disappointing though.

All said and done, I love the movie, more for the visuals and overal feel.

Soldato
A lot of the deleted scenes would make a better movie, however I think Scott bent over to pressure from Fox for a tighter edit. The end result is somewhat disappointing though.

it was majorly dissapointing. if the content is there and makes for a better film either

1. put it in there in the first place
2. if you're going to pedal a 'special edition' put it in the special edition as a complete film. not as extras. pointless.

i await the 'ultra' special edition where item 2 happens :rolleyes:

Soldato
The problem is a few of the deleted scenes aren't even finished properly. I can't see Fox of all people spending more money to finish them off and edit them in.

I wouldn't say all deleted scenes are needed, however the alternate Fifield attack is utterly superior. The whole mutated design, the way he moves and sheer violence of his attack is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom