What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Snowtown - One i've been sitting on for some time. lack of character building gave the film a very fragmented feel to it when characters came and went with little insight into who they were and why they were there. Its a shame really as the casting was good and the premise could have made quite a chilling film. I found myself researching who some of the characters were after the film to make sense of it all.

Soldato
Best to put the original out of mind tbh - maybe that's where everyone went wrong. I would even go as far as to remove all references and scenes from the original which stood out like a sore thumb and made me cringe.

Other than that very enjoyable

Soldato
The Inbetweeners Movie

It was ok, I won't watch it again though
6/10

A few funny bits, but not a huge amount

I just watched this I would say 8.5/10.

I really enjoyed it and it was a nice way to wind up the series. Some great laugh out loud moments and him in the sea at the end was great. :D

Also nice to see Will getting a bird :)

Soldato
A Single Man - 8/10.

I thought it was a stunning film, let down by the fact it had that kid from About A Boy in it. Otherwise it would've been 9/10.
Colin Firth puts in an amazing performance.

Soldato
Just watched Harsh Times, I saw it once in cinema and loved it.
Saw it tonight and it was absolutely brilliant, it was really tense and just a damn good film.

Tyrannosaur. Depressing film, really hard to watch at times.
I saw that on Wednesday, was a great film! Very true, really hard to watch.

spp

spp

Associate
I too just watched kill list. I had heard it had great reviews. However, I'm left thinking wtf.. I've an idea of what was going on, but still, a bit weird.

Soldato
Two animated films last night, one with the family and one on my own:-

The Iron Giant - been meaning to watch this for a while, nice animation but nothing really special, my boys liked it though. I was also drawn to it as it was directed by Brad Bird who may be directing the new Star Wars. 3/5

Grave of the Fireflies - I had heard that this was one of the saddest films ever and it was depressing but what film about suffering in war isn't depressing? Very well made and good performances from the young voice actors (watched Japanese version so couldn't understand but they sounded good if that makes sense!). 4/5

Back
Top Bottom