What film did you watch last night?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I watched Total Recall last night too, it was good, worth a watch. Oh and Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel. :D

One thing that annoyed me through out was the gratuitous use of lens flare. I mean it was ridiculous, almost every single scene had one. 'There's an LED flashing in the background, lets use lens flare'. This has never annoyed me in any other film before.

This ^ Was very over the top!

Caporegime
The opening sequence of the film was action and felt like it was trying to induce an epileptic fit in people without epilepsy, but nothing else in the film was anywhere near as bad. Still over the top but that opening sequence was ridiculous in that sense.

Soldato
Lethal Weapon - 8/10

Never seen any of them before so thought I'd give them a blast since everything else of Shane Black's work is brilliant.

raw, but a brilliant first outing in the 80s.

Next up Monster Squad, which I haven't seen since I was a kid.

Soldato
Lethal Weapon - 8/10

Never seen any of them before so thought I'd give them a blast since everything else of Shane Black's work is brilliant.

raw, but a brilliant first outing in the 80s.

Next up Monster Squad, which I haven't seen since I was a kid.

It's a shame that he lost control of the franchise after that. Quality just starts to drop off from film to film.

Caporegime
The hunger games. 5/10

Err copied battle royals much? I don't know if it was just badly edited or just jumped about but it lacked so much background to the other contestants their motives, the guy. If you've not seen battle royale you might give this a slightest higher score.

Caporegime
I've seen Battle Royale and I'd still score hunger games at 7 or so. The two are very different, and it's not like they're the only two films with that sort of story.

Anyway. I've just finished watching The Inbetweeners film. It was absolute rubbish. I laughed like 4 times, and 2 of those were for Simon getting hit in the balls. On the plus side, the girl playing Alison is seriously stunning.

Caporegime
I really enjoyed The Inbetweeners movie :)

I'm a pretty big fan of the series though, I thought a few of the women in it were very pretty.

Battle Royal is brilliant but very different to The Hunger Games, which suffers from converting a book with a lot of 'feelings' in it.

Associate
I really enjoyed The Inbetweeners movie :)

I'm a pretty big fan of the series though, I thought a few of the women in it were very pretty.

I liked the inbetweeners movie, but for me it wasnt as good as the series.

Watched Burke and hare last night, was quite funny good film to watch after crappy day at work 7/10 for me.

Caporegime
I've seen Battle Royale and I'd still score hunger games at 7 or so. The two are very different, and it's not like they're the only two films with that sort of story.

Anyway. I've just finished watching The Inbetweeners film. It was absolute rubbish. I laughed like 4 times, and 2 of those were for Simon getting hit in the balls. On the plus side, the girl playing Alison is seriously stunning.

Very different because one has a plot, emotion, character development etc. The other is a shell of a film.

Any reason why or how the main characters district buddy joined the bad guys or how the bad guys recruited 4 people or why they even went together?

Or how or why he got away or who the guy was who saves the girl near the end and says 'that's for...' k(I forget the name). How did he die? Was there any hunger in these games? Who puts a load of mines in their food?

CGI animals being factored in? Made no sense it was just drivel tbh.

Soldato
Very different because one has a plot, emotion, character development etc. The other is a shell of a film.

Any reason why or how the main characters district buddy joined the bad guys or how the bad guys recruited 4 people or why they even went together?

Or how or why he got away or who the guy was who saves the girl near the end and says 'that's for...' k(I forget the name). How did he die? Was there any hunger in these games? Who puts a load of mines in their food?

CGI animals being factored in? Made no sense it was just drivel tbh.

That is a major problem with the movie. The book (as always) contains all the details that were left out of the movie version which IMO relies of people have read the book before watching the film.

Soldato
Watched "The Campaign" last night - not bad but a huge opportunity missed imo - usually like Will Ferrell movies (Talladega Nights & Anchorman especially) but I don't feel like this one hit the spot! 6/10

Back
Top Bottom