What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Was busy yesterday.

TED. Very good... 8/10.

Rec... 8/10. Scarier than I though it would be.

Snowtown. 8/10. Dark as they come.

Regarding Kill List... Bonkers is all I can say. I don't think your really meant to fully understand it. Your a better man than me if you do. Good show all the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Total Recall 2012, 1080p DTS HD.

I liked it, the missus fell asleep.

I was very impressed in how they moved away from the "space travel" yet still gave cohaagan power over a colony of people.

I also liked how they portrayed a few lines and characters from the original.

All in all, a very successful reboot of a film.
Anyone who doesnt like it cant look past the surface, understand a storyline or know the difference between a reboot and a remake.

They probably didnt like The A-Team either, even though it was just like the original series but adapted for an adult audience.

Commissario
Two animated films last night, one with the family and one on my own:-

The Iron Giant - been meaning to watch this for a while, nice animation but nothing really special, my boys liked it though. I was also drawn to it as it was directed by Brad Bird who may be directing the new Star Wars. 3/5

Grave of the Fireflies - I had heard that this was one of the saddest films ever and it was depressing but what film about suffering in war isn't depressing? Very well made and good performances from the young voice actors (watched Japanese version so couldn't understand but they sounded good if that makes sense!). 4/5

Grave is about the only film I've ever watched where I've had moist eyes (minimum) pretty much throughout it.
I've had it in my collection for years, but only watched it once.

I watch Ghostbusters yesterday for the first in years.
It's an oldie, but still thoroughly enjoyable and it looks like the blu-ray has some fun extras.
The effects are a little old (and slightly ropey in places), but the script and cast more than make up for it.
I'd say 8/10.

Soldato
Perfect Sense. - Was horrible and disturbing. I mean it was good as a plausible look at what it might be like if the world began to lose their sense's.

Caporegime
cabin in the woods
10/10 for genre
9/10 overall

quite a balanced DTS-MA audio track (dynamic range)
both of us liked it .. see more details in cabin in the woods thread

IMG_20121112_000806-1.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Skyfall

Was brilliant, Craig is definitely the best Bond by far. This film was superbly paced I thought, it's a shame we didn't see more screen time with Marlohe though and sadly I had to turn down a photo shoot with NFTS for a live recording and interview with her as I could not get the time off to visit them during the week!

This new Q is also really good, just the right demeanour for the role I felt.

This film gets 9/10 for me, not 10 because no film is a perfect 10.

Caporegime
Total Recall, a 7/10 maybe, its good, the cast was strong, I have no real care about the original, mars, or anything else. Acting was fine, story was fine, action was over the top but not painfully so, the only bit I didn't really like was the heavily overused cliche repeat of action scene with different ending.

Didn't hurt that it had Beckingsale and Biel in it, didn't hurt at all, both are just ridiculously hot and good actresses.

IT was a little weak on story in so far in the original had that removal of Mars/Earth to make the whole staying hidden thing and intelligence being less good, more believable than it was in this film, and there were a few plot holes that could fairly easily have been fixed. But overall, especially considering most recent action films are all flash, no substance at all and not very good action, it was pretty damn good.

Soldato
Total Recall 2012, 1080p DTS HD.

All in all, a very successful reboot of a film.
Anyone who doesnt like it cant look past the surface, understand a storyline or know the difference between a reboot and a remake.

A touch harsh - I watched it last night and found it a bit meh!

All in all a decent enough action film with some amusing nods to original but even as a stand alone film it's nothing above average in my opinion!

Isn't a "reboot" re-doing a series (ie. giving the follow on films/episodes a new foundation) whereas this is a remake as it's a one-off film??

Associate
twilight breaking dawn part 1............................................................................................................................................................ i cant make this any longer to emphasize it!

Associate
A touch harsh - I watched it last night and found it a bit meh!

All in all a decent enough action film with some amusing nods to original but even as a stand alone film it's nothing above average in my opinion!

Isn't a "reboot" re-doing a series (ie. giving the follow on films/episodes a new foundation) whereas this is a remake as it's a one-off film??

This version is a lot closer to the book than the original film , i quite enjoyed this film actually ... if your not looking for epic its good, sort of on par with Lockout. but i liked the take reminded me of bladerunner with the looks.

a major fault was with some of the science stuff like how hot is the centre of the earth and how goddamn fast would that thing be travelling yet they just dont care lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Total Recall 2012 6.5/10 - I thought it was pretty good. A completely different film from the original.

One thing that annoyed me through out was the gratuitous use of lens flare. I mean it was ridiculous, almost every single scene had one. 'There's an LED flashing in the background, lets use lens flare'. This has never annoyed me in any other film before.

C64

C64

Soldato
Skyfall, shockingly bad movie felt like they made it on the cheap too I fear for the human race when people are giving this movie good marks.

Honestly, it's absolutely shockingly p poor.

Back
Top Bottom