What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Total Recall 2012

I know the first film wasn't all that but i enjoyed it enough to watch it lol

The opening scenes lighting was utter utter painful gash!

Pretty much what I said, seriously after the first few minutes I was considering packing in the film for fear of getting another migraine as well as thinking the film would be total rubbish if that was its defacto style.

It was the most off putting opening scene I think I've ever seen. I can't understand for any reason how a director can deem that a good look for a film, its literally uncomfortable to watch that scene due to the flashing.

"its flashing lots, because its a dream sequence", idiots, the lighting didn't offer anything to the sequence, it didn't make it feel like a dream, or indicate it was a dream, the scene wouldn't have been any worse for looking "normal" without ridiculous amounts of flashing lights.

Soldato
Ted - 3/10. The adverts had all the best bits.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - 4/10. I wasn't expecting much and that was a good thing, plot slows down a lot and all the action is pretty much the same scene to scene.

The sitter - 1/10. I actually stopped watching this about 40 minutes in, terrible.

Pitch Perfect - 6/10. better than expected with a few laughs thrown in for good measure.

Blind Side 8/10. Awesome movie based on true events, well worth the watch.

Burlesque 6/10. Not really my cup of tea but better than what i thought it was going to be.

Keith Lemon: The Film 1/10. waste of time, No where near as funny as he is on TV.

Soldato
LOTR: Return of the King. Extended Edition - 9/10. I've not seen the EE before and I don't recall most of the Gandalf-Sauroman dialogue; enjoyed a lot of the new scenes. The only reason I didnt score it 10/10 is because I found Frodo and Sam's friendship borderline homosexual, which I don't think Tolkien intended.

Soldato
LOTR: Return of the King. Extended Edition - 9/10. I've not seen the EE before and I don't recall most of the Gandalf-Sauroman dialogue; enjoyed a lot of the new scenes. The only reason I didnt score it 10/10 is because I found Frodo and Sam's friendship borderline homosexual, which I don't think Tolkien intended.

Frodo ruins all 3 films imo. Everything else is great, he is just plain annoying. Sam is actually the hero.

Soldato
Frodo ruins all 3 films imo. Everything else is great, he is just plain annoying. Sam is actually the hero.

Frodo was a right ****. Sam only apparently travelled for 95 days (the vast majority bare foot) with his friend, for him to be turned against, in favour of a very obvious devilish creature.

Bro's before Ho's Frodo, even if Gollum tickles your Todger now and again! :D

On a related note -

The Very Secret Diary of Frodo Baggins

Day One:

Feeling much better in House of Elrond after nice long nap. Also, Sam gave me fabulous backrub and bubble bath. Platonic, brotherly love so wonderful. Wasn't quite entirely sure why he needed to suck on my toes, but am assured it has something to do with Elf medicine.

http://www.ealasaid.com/misc/vsd/frodo.html

Don't think it has Swearing or anything but give me a heads up...

Man of Honour
The Divide

In this graphic and violent, post-apocalyptic thriller, nine strangers-all tenants of a New York high rise apartment-escape a nuclear attack by hiding out in the building's bunker-like basement. Trapped for days underground with no hope for rescue, and only unspeakable horrors awaiting them on the other side of the bunker door, the group begins to descend into madness, each turning on one another with physical and psycho-sexual torment. While everyone in the bunker allows themselves to be overcome by desperation and lose their humanity, one survivor holds onto a thin chance for escape even with no promise of salvation on the outside.

4/10 surprisingly boring for a violent film. Not very good at all.

Commissario
American Reunion 7-7.5/10
Not as good as the original, but better than the sequels and pretty good fun :) (I picked up the 4 disc blu-ray set for £15 with all the main films in it).

I've got the Harry Potter set to watch over the next week or so, as well as an assortment of other films :p

Back
Top Bottom