What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Bourne Legacy - good cast but the film is a bit meh. 5/10

The expendables 2 - omg complete and utter tosh, i love all the stars of this film in their own films, but brought together with a bad plot / script and it is complete crap. 1/10

Soldato
The Pledge: Starring Jack Nicholson. Sean Penn is the director and does a good job!

Really good movie, Its not new but I've never seen it, was made in 2001. Its basically about a retired police officer who on his last day goes to a murder scene involving a young girl. And long story very short, he ends up pledging to the mother to find the killer. So with his retirement in full swing he takes finding the killer on his own.

Now the movie is quite graphic in some scenes, which surprised me. But the hardest thing to watch is Jack Nicholson, not his acting, thats spot on. Its hard to watch when you realize what his character is doing... in order to catch the killer.

I wont spoil anything!

But its worth a watch. Not a blockbuster by any means though.

4/10

Last edited:
Associate
Not a film as such but I have just started watching band of brothers, 2 episodes in and it seems like a really powerful series.

I know, I have been hiding under a rock not seeing this :D

Soldato
Local Hero - nice little film from 30 years ago about an American oil company wanting to buy a small community in Scotland. Nothing really happens but it is a really nice film. 4/5

Awesome film (granted it is very dated now though) but it does have a phenomenally good soundtrack:

It's now THE tune Mr Knopfler closes every concert with and one I've been honoured to see twice live now, and soon to be three times :D

And back on topic we recently watched the latest Disney Pixar film Brave which was up to their usual high standards in my opinion with excellent voice overs from the likes of Billy Connelly, Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thomson, Julie Walters and the gorgeous Kelly Macdonald.

A definite family film to sit in and enjoy with the kids - 9/10 :cool:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Re-joined with Love Film this week.

The Hunger Games i've watched on DVD,

Thought it was okay 6/10 main girl is pretty :D

Story was okay, a build up for the 2nd one no doubt

The Social Network.

Was okay 5/10

Soldato
And also played at every Newcastle home game as the teams come out. And one of the few songs I have mastered on the guitar.

Brilliant tune - I'm still struggling to master it myself on my acoustic guitar but I'll get there :(

Re-joined with Love Film this week.

The Hunger Games i've watched on DVD,

Thought it was okay 6/10 main girl is pretty :D

I'll agree the main girl was "fairly" pretty I couldn't help but think this was a huge Running Man rip off?

The Social Network.

Was okay 5/10

This is one I really enjoyed - I'm not sure just how much is fiction and how much is fact but I thought Jesse Eisenberg played the part brilliantly. The scene round the table with the lawyers where he pwned them all was fantastic!

Soldato
Awesome film (granted it is very dated now though) but it does have a phenomenally good soundtrack:

It's now THE tune Mr Knopfler closes every concert with and one I've been honoured to see twice live now, and soon to be three times :D

And back on topic we recently watched the latest Disney Pixar film Brave which was up to their usual high standards in my opinion with excellent voice overs from the likes of Billy Connelly, Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thomson, Julie Walters and the gorgeous Kelly Macdonald.

A definite family film to sit in and enjoy with the kids - 9/10 :cool:

You've just reminded me, I have tickets to see him in May! Must have seen him 4 or 5 times now, brilliant!

Soldato
Not a film as such but I have just started watching band of brothers, 2 episodes in and it seems like a really powerful series.

I know, I have been hiding under a rock not seeing this :D

You said it yourself, but, where the hell have you been?? (Unless you'r every young) you should've watched this years ago. "Bastogne" is my favourite on-screen hour (TV or film) ever I think.

Associate
Watched "ink" lastnight on lovefilm. Decent film, had no idea what it was about (before I watched it, not after), and was quite surprised by it.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom