What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
E.T. - 9.7/10

would be 10 but for elliot's screaming

i love you philip morris is on tv tonight. recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. it's a good film!

Man of Honour
So far today

Ice Age 4 - Continental Drift

Manny, Diego, and Sid embark upon another adventure after their continent is set adrift. Using an iceberg as a ship, they encounter sea creatures and battle pirates as they explore a new world.

7/10 not as good as the Firestone, still some brilliant funny bits in it though, especially the opening scene.

Se7en

Two detectives, a rookie and a veteran, hunt a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his modus operandi

9/10 an absolutely fantastic film.

Jumper

A teenager with teleportation abilities must suddenly finds himself in the middle of an ancient war between those like him and their sworn annihilators.

6/10 a typical time wasting film, nothing good about it, but nothing offensive either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Die Hard 10/10 :) what needs to be said about this epic classic.

This has to be my most watched movie of all time.
I used to watch this on VHS, repeatedly.
Great stuff.

Conversely, I saw Fire With Fire (which also had Willis, in a supporting role). And it very average. It's the sort of movie that might come on late night on the telly and we end up watching it because there is nothing else on.

Soldato
The Hobbit
6/10

I just don't know what it is i like and dislike about this film yet... It seemed rushed, maybe? Also, lack of threat, at no point did i think "Well he's dead" or "**** is going down here"

Soldato
Films I watched on the coach to and from france:

The godfather part 1: As good as ever, 9/10
Part 2: Too much Italian for my tired eyes to read, I fell asleep without finishing it. From what I saw it wasn't as good as part 1 though.
Pineapple express: This film does not work well with multiple viewings, the jokes and scenes seemed very tired despite me only seeing the film once before. 6/10
Batman begins: 8/10, a great film

I've also recently seen

LOTR The fellowship of the ring (French dub): This appeared on the hotel TV when channel surfing and we decided to give it a watch, point of note - I don't speak a word of french, but know the english version well enough so that didn't matter. 8/10, the voice actors seemed pretty talented and did a good job of sounding like the characters they were meant to be portraying, With the exception of Glimli, Dwarves shouldn't speak French.

The Hobbit: 8/10
A very good film, I posted my full comments in the official thread so won't do so again here

Soldato
LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring (Extended) - 9/10

Amazing film, not seen it in years and easily better than the Hobbit (which isn't bad by any stretch)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
The Hobbit, a bit long but overall enjoyed it, the biggest complaint was the picture quality, I don’t know if it was the cinema or if it was because it was converted down from the 48/3D source. :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Apparition

Despite the low IMDB score the trailer peaked my interest and I watched it anyway. The plot was about as high quality as a dot matrix printout but the shock moments and eerie factor (thanks to the sound effects) were quite good. There was one Ring-esque moment which was a bit freaky.

The acting was OK but it would have been a lot better with nicer writing.

I'd give it a 5/10. Definitely a Sunday flick.

Associate
I watched Hostel on Film4od

I quite enjoyed it but it did seem a little sanitised and felt like chunks of the film had been cut (ready for an uncut dvd release).

6/10 and I might watch it again if it was on the telly.

Back
Top Bottom