What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Total Recall. As a big fan of the orignal I knew I was going to dislike this film and in that regard it didn't disappoint. Not much to say. Visuals were good but that is about it. 4/10

Soldato
So, went to a local small time dvd shop on Saturday that was closing down. Bought a bunch of blu rays and DVD's. Spent FAR to much money.

So far, watched:

Cube - 8.5/10 still a brilliant idea for a film. Never gets old watching it.
Green Lantern - 6/10 cool, but cheesy.
Hugo - 9/10 just magical and amazing, love it!
Brave - 8.5/10 really good, not as good as how to train your dragon though.
Triangle - 7/10 genuinely wanted to see the ending. Very good story.
Moon - 9/10 brilliant acting! Original story, something special. Really liked this.

Now, films for tonight and tomorrow:

Our idiot brother
Black Hawk Down - already seen
Jeff who lives at home
Underworld (all 4)

So yea, some american cinema going on.

Permabanned
Where The Trail Ends - Not a film but a movie about freeride mountain bikers, downhill mountain biking. I recommend for something different to watch.

The Collection - Gory horror movie, I don't usually watch this type of movie but this was ok. 6/10
House at the end of the street - not very good, boring. 5/10
Not many new movies last few weeks.

Old blurays:
Payback - Never seen it before I thought it was good, but i like mel gibson movies 8/10
Behind enemy lines - was good to watch on bluray, ok movie 7/10

Soldato
The Hobit in HFR 3D. 9/10

Not into 3D normally at all, but thought I would go watch this in the HFR 3D as oppose to 2D. Really enjoyed it. Some the the cinematography is beautiful, particularly than panning shots and landscapes. Action scenes are good but not particularly mind blowing or ground breaking I felt. As a story line and a film in itself it is good but I think really we need to see the final two in order to make a true comparison to The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I would certainly put it right up there with the other films though. I must admit I haven't read the book but I felt it was very slow to get going, far too much time was spent setting the scene and much of it I felt was irrelevant. I also didn't particularly like the poor effort at light humour throughout. Other than that it was a fantastic film.

Soldato
way of the gun -
MV5BMTc0MjAwNTExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI4NjEyMQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

great film

Soldato
X-Men Last Stand

All ready to watch First Class now that I've finished refreshing my memory of the original trilogy. Actually prefer Last Stand to X2 which is the one most people say is the best of the 3

Soldato
We are working our way through the Harry Potter blu-ray box set again. Yes the acting is pretty dire in the first one but still so enjoyable to see them over the course of a week. Just finished goblet of fire so its ramping up :)

Associate
The Hobbit 6/10.

Very slow but the action scenes were good. I saw it in HFR which was very strange and distracting. However, it made the 3D effects look incredible. Usually, 3D just seems like two-dimensional sprites slightly above the foreground whilst gently flickering but the high frame rate made it look brilliant. It was perfect 3D in that I could hardly notice it. The 3D effects actually looked part of the scene.

But yeah, not a very good film other than that.

Back
Top Bottom