What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Last night watched Sinister, didn't really know much about it before watching. Was actually pretty good with some creepy bits in it.

Particularly thought the 8mm film stuff worked well to add to the atmosphere.

Thought it was pretty damn rubbish personally, as did my mrs. I really wanted it do bring something new to the genre but it was even more stale than 100 year old bread :(

I saw the Hobbit yesterday and really enjoyed it. The pacing was nice apart from the initial scenes with bilbo when he meets the dwarves which I personally felt was dragged out longer than it needed to be. The rest of it however was really good.

Is it just me or does gandalf appear to have more "power" in this film compared to any of the LOTR films? He knocks hundreds of goblins down with 1 spell in the goblin cave, yet never did anything like that in LOTR, instead just using his fancy "light" based magic spells instead.

Soldato
Watched Prometheus for the first time since seeing it at the cinema. Originally I hated it and gave it 4-10. Now I've calmed down a bit after waiting years to see it, it's not actually a terrible film if you just watch it as a enjoyable sci-fi. Still some poor storytelling and huge plot holes but I actually enjoyed it second time round. 6.5-10.

Soldato
Elf - 5/10.

Silly stuff really. I don't really enjoy as much as I used to.

I've still got Die Hard, Home Alone, and Scrooged to go through yet. Those will probably be more enjoyable, and help me get in the mood for Christmas.

Associate
Dredd - 8.5/10

Better than I was expecting tbh...
Good action and raised a few smiles.

Taken 2 - 8/10

Lacks the pace of the first film. Enjoyed it but it doesn't have that same hold that you get in the first.

Hit and Run - 6.5/10

Was ok...some reasonable names in it but nothing I havn't seen before.

Back
Top Bottom