What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Saw The Hobbit in 2D , and I and my friends loved it, stunning visuals and felt like being back in Middle Earth again. I liked the extra fleshed out parts Jackson added, and thought Freeman was very good as Bilbo.

8/10

Highlight for me were Gollum and Bilbo scenes but those were some of my favorite scenes in the book also.

Last edited:
Soldato
The hobbit 8/10
Being someone that likes the lore, the character depth that was done, I did find interesting. That said, I can see why some people would be easily bored.

Friends with benefits 7/10
Lighthearted, fun. Amusing. Not too bad

Million Dollar Baby 7/10
Well acted. I'm just not sure the storyline was all that to be honest... I get what it was trying to do, but yeah, not sure.

Bourne Legacy 7/10
It was a pretty standard, not bad action film.
The problem really, is that I felt they tried to link the story in too much with the original Bourne. On the one hand, it in its own, as a separate, would just be a copy, with a twist of Bourne. The current thing though, didn't really link in fantastically either...

kd

Associate
A Beautiful Mind - 9/10

Having never seen it before, the main twist was brilliant, thought the whole thing was a work of art - and finding out its based on a true story was the cherry on top.

Associate
The Imposter - 8/10

A bizarre documentary about a young French guy who takes the identity of a sixteen year old kid who went missing in Texas three years before.
Convinces the grieving family, but there are a few twists and turns along the way.

Worth a watch.

Soldato
How are people basing their ratings. Against enjoyment or yard sticks. Seem to be a lot of 7/8/9 for pretty average films.

Like for instance the King Damager giving the Bourne Legacy 7 but saying it was standard. Surely standard should get 5 at most.
Lets say for instance Shawshank is a 10. Would The Imposter as above get as close as an 8.

Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Caporegime
its all irrelevant is it not ?

you say give sure shank 10 where as i dont. there is no one scale and thats all that matters.

not being funny there is no definitive to the point score its just a rough estimate from whoever views the film .

i watched taken 2 recently was okay not as good as first one though 7/10

Soldato
I think in terms of scoring it's safe to say "Average" is 5/10. There's your base point.

So yeah, if something is "alright" but never really raises itself above standard, 5 is a comfortable score. A 7 would indicate it's actually pretty good.

Caporegime
I rate by enjoyment factor and how good the film was overall (i.e. acting, story etc.) in my opinion.

i.e. shawshank redemption, nolan's batman films would get 9+ for everything where as films like MB transformers suck for plot, acting etc. but I find them to be very enjoyable to watch so they would get a high rating like 7.

Looper

A pretty good film although was expecting a lot more after reading everyone's thoughts on it and felt slightly under whelmed. The action scenes weren't "great" and I thought that the way some people had a telekinesis power was rather stupid and didn't fit in with this type of film. Also didn't care about the characters either. Enjoyable enough to watch though, maybe I will need to watch it a second time to appreciate it more.

6.5/10

Soldato
How are people basing their ratings. Against enjoyment or yard sticks. Seem to be a lot of 7/8/9 for pretty average films.

Like for instance the King Damager giving the Bourne Legacy 7 but saying it was standard. Surely standard should get 5 at most.
Lets say for instance Shawshank is a 10. Would The Imposter as above get as close as an 8.

Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Have you even seen The Imposter? It won best doc and best director at the BIFA awards this year and is bloody brilliant.

Soldato
Lawless - Tom Hardy really didnt suit his role to wel imo (probably unique in my opinion here, meh :p) , IMDB gives it a 7.4, i'd say thats being a bit generous, by no means a bad film but quite forget full.

I would have apriciated it being a bit longer and more in depth as its quite an interesting era/subject thats pretty much been left out of Hollywood.

Soldato
Watched Total Recall (2012), quite enjoyed it, loving the whole similar to Arnie's but very modernised, slight homage to Bladerunner type feel. Totally enjoyed it got a Sat night flick. 8/10.

A little annoyed by the stupid use of lens flare, it's not a JJA film, no need try that, plus, they went a little OTT, especially the start. Apart from that, I have enjoyed it :)

Back
Top Bottom