What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
"Looking forward to seeing the rest of them"

13 mate, when you get there, you'll love the round up of the series.

So f'in great of a cast and perfectly played.

Myself, Rambo in his second coming...first blood part 2.

A film you watch if you like gunplay and like to think you're hard enough.

Get on it!

Soldato
Taken 2...5/10, more plot holes than a piece of swiss cheese, hugely predicatable and the fight scenes were terrible. Was enjoyable though so maybe give it a 6/10 instead.

Soldato
Total Recall (2012) 5/10

Beckinsale did an ok job, but trying to replace Sharon Stone and Michael Ironside with one character is a lot to ask.
Cohagen was crap.
Farrell didn't convince me in the slightest. Repeating some of Arnie's lines was horribly cringe worthy.

The effects and city design were outstanding I must say. This should've been a judge Dredd film, as that's pretty much what mega city should look like.

All in all, good looking, but empty.
As a massive fan of the original, this didn't cut it despite the polish.

Dredd 6.5/10

If only they had the budget...
Huuuge 2000AD/Dredd fan here and they got the basic stuff right imo.

No issues with Dredd or Anderson's portrayal.

This is pretty much a single issue Dredd story faithfully put onscreen with all the comic book violence you'd rightly expect.
As a film, it's a little weak I'll admit (hence the 6.5/10).
Given a better story and the budget/FX of Total Recall, Dredd could've been awesome.

Soldato
The Imposter - 8/10

A bizarre documentary about a young French guy who takes the identity of a sixteen year old kid who went missing in Texas three years before.
Convinces the grieving family, but there are a few twists and turns along the way.

Worth a watch.

Well like you suggested I did watch it. Was ok! Really wanted the ending to be a bit stronger. Do you think they did or not?
To add a little to my earlier point. Given the best film I can think of compared to watching this (as that's how I like to rate my films) I would give this

4.5/10

Soldato
Total Recall (2012)

As a stand alone sci-fi film I enjoyed it, as a remake of an early nineties Arnie film I dont think they did that bad a job making it contemporary, Beckinsale > Stone, the film looked incredible throughout, but........ Colin Farrell..... even though he didn't do a bad job couldn't they of got someone better than him?

Probably a generous 8/10, would definitely watch again

Last edited:
Soldato
Flight
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907668/
An airline pilot saves a flight from crashing, but an investigation into the malfunctions reveals something troubling.

If your into your very deep dramas then this one is for you.
Tbh it didn't capture me enough, but was still enjoyable. Washington is just good no matter what and the rest of the cast did a great job.
I think it will be received well.

6.5/10

Soldato
Deck the Halls - 2/10

Predictably well made Christmas faff which, despite being competently handled by all parties, is bland as **** and utterly unfunny.

Four Christmases - 3/10

On the girlfriend's insistence. This was barely better than Deck the Halls but was painfully unfunny. It wasn't even charming, which is a crime when it comes to Xmas films, in my book.

Back
Top Bottom