What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Life of Pi (2D) - 8/10

A very good watch. I would have preferred to see it in 3D, and from the way it was shot it looks like it would have been spectacular. It might have scored slightly higher, but it was a bit too spiritual for my tastes, and the Canadian actor sucked.

Soldato
The Hobbit (2D). 4/10. I spent an hour of this snore-fest playing on my phone. Everything is over-hyped, overdone, Bilbo needs to die a horrific death, predictable, boring, singing!? plus other negative aspects. I quite liked the beginning, CGI and Gollum.

Associate
Star Trek 2009:

Second full time watching it on blu ray. I thought the whole JJ Abrams lens flare love was exaggerated but now that I was looking for it, kind Lols worthy. Good film 8/10

The amazing Spider-Man:

Dreadful 4/10

Soldato
The Hobbit (2D). 4/10. I spent an hour of this snore-fest playing on my phone. Everything is over-hyped, overdone, Bilbo needs to die a horrific death, predictable, boring, singing!? plus other negative aspects. I quite liked the beginning, CGI and Gollum.

If you were sitting in the middle of a cinema auditorium farting about on your phone for an hour during the movie, then... well... **** you, sir.

If you were just watching a cam job at home or something, then fine. :p

Soldato
Took my mum and sister to see the Hobbit on christmas eve (like to do something different as a family sometimes).

9/10

Great film, missed a few bits out of the first half of the book (theres a couple of random places they missed), the opening hour was a little too long but was fun, rest was outstanding.

Saw it in 2D, loved the really vibrant style from the way it was filmed, can see why there would have been a fuss with more frames and so on in the 3D version but it seemed like it would have suited it.

Either way I really cannot wait for the second half, can see why it get so many hit and miss reviews though :p (its all down to what you were expecting more than anything else, I really was bored of LOTR as it was way way too serious, when the Hobbit will bore/annoy people because it isn't).

Last edited:
Soldato
Prometheus
7/10 - wouldn't be fair comparing it to Alien, so just rated it on it's own as a separate movie. Quite liked it but some parts of the story seemed to trail off or became inconsistent. Like the main guy, he just got burnt to death and that was him done. He could have gone on a rampage or something like "The Thing". Also, she has a cesarean and then she's ok, yet the guy got a drop of the black stuff in him and he was wrecked within hours?

Could have been better but still quite gripping non the less.

Associate
Caught Hitch last night on one of the tv channels while browsing , ended up watching it altho not sure why , its fine i guess but nothing more.

5/10

Soldato
Machine gun preacher - 10/10

Such a brilliant film, gerard butler puts in a very good performance as the real life sam childs.

What a true inspiration Sam childers is for what hes doing for kids in sudan :cool:

Gerald butler with the real sam childers :)

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org/

MachineGunPreacher-BTS-GerardButler-SamChilders.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The Long Kiss Goodnight

Shane Black's dark, brilliantly witty writing on show again. Brilliant holiday film for adults who like Die Hard and any other adult humoured action film.

9/10

Rare Exports

Enjoyable and weird film, funny twist on the usual Santa flick.

Bits that annoyed me (Spoilers)
didnt get to see the real Santa, which sucked and really let it down at the end. Also that they basically become Human Traffikers is completely bizarre...

6/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

As dry as Unbuttered toast, but my word was it brilliant in every way. Won't be everyone's cup of tea due to the pacing, but just sheer quality across the board.

10/10

Caporegime
Life of pi
9/10

Beautiful thought-provoking film. Best I have seen in ages.

Warhorse
9/10

Equally wonderful. So sensitively done as well. Spielberg at his very best.

Soldato
If you were sitting in the middle of a cinema auditorium farting about on your phone for an hour during the movie, then... well... **** you, sir.

If you were just watching a cam job at home or something, then fine. :p

+1. So many ignorant little tools in the cinema these days. If you can't keep your phone in your pocket for the duration, stay at home.

Associate
Mr Nobody 8.5/10

This is probably one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Surreal, science fiction, comedy/romance. Definatly check it out in HD. The future scenes are epic and the sound is great too. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom