What film did you watch last night?

Associate
I think I want to see Django just for the fact it's got the Tarantino/Christoph Waltz connection again. Is he in it much?

BY the way, if you've not seen Inglorious ******** then I suggest you get out and rent it because you've been overlooking an amazing film!

yes he is the main character i would say around 75% of the screentime is his, he is amazing in this.

Soldato
What I love about the more recent Tarantino films is the way he builds up suspense in conversations! For instance, the celler/bar scene in inglorious and now in Django there were quite a few (again bar scenes lol). Love it :D

Soldato
The Quiet Earth (1985) 8.5/10

A man wakes up to find himself alone in the world.

I won't give full review or an opinion on what I thought was happening during the film or at the end.
All I'll say is I loved it, though I can accept that it's not for everyone. It's one of those ambiguous films that leave you to draw your own conclusions about the true meaning of what happened.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks to Punt for helping me find this again.

Soulless and totally unnecessary remake that does nothing to improve on the original, only thing that stop it from being a total waste is Kate beckinsale.

This.

I even caught the director's cut to give it a second chance/benefit of the doubt and it was just a longer version of a poor film.
Kate and the FX were the only small saving graces.

Bryan Cranston may be great in Breaking Bad, but as Cohagen, he flopped imo.
I guess his crappy script didn't help.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just finished watching the new Total Recall film.

Awful.

Couldn't agree more. PoS.

What did you find so bad about it?

Personally, I thought it was a soulless affair. Yes it looked great, so did Biel and Beckinsale, but there was little else good about it as far as I'm concerned. The scene where his colleague tried to talk him down was cringe worthy. The ending was just as bad.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I've just got in from watching Life of Pi 8/10 (2D)

The story is great and like the way it was told, the visuals are on par with Avatar. Acting and CGI for the animals are fantastic. 2% as not enough action! Other than that its on my buy list.

Soldato
Unknown

Saw a TV advert that it's on Channel 4 this Sunday so figured it was probably about time to unwrap the Blu Ray I've had sat on the shelf for ages. I had already seen it at the cinema so it weren't anything I hadn't seen before but yeah it's an okay film nothing amazing (certainly not up to Taken's standard)

6/10

Soldato
The Iron Lady - 6/10

Alright, so Meryl Streep is uncanny and essentially a revelation in the role of ol Maggie, and the reason I sort of enjoyed it but also hated is because of the way it made Maggie seem human.

There's a ton of flaws with it, however. Literally every single character bar Maggie is a cardboard cut out, there's for the vast majority of them there is little to no explanation about their roles or function within the story and it's very, very light on the impact and aftermath of many of Maggie's actions, which I think are just as important and as vital to her story than the nuances of her as a person.

So yeah, it was ok. Streep deserved that Oscar, and her performance is so strong that it carries the film.

Soldato
I've just got in from watching Life of Pi 8/10 (2D)

The story is great and like the way it was told, the visuals are on par with Avatar. Acting and CGI for the animals are fantastic. 2% as not enough action! Other than that its on my buy list.

Whats even more interesting is that the lead actor had absolutely no acting experience at all. He was literally plucked from the streets of Delhi :)

Don
Water for Elephants

For some reason, I thought this was about African kids in a village carting water around for their elephants. Boy I was wrong

-Judged this film by it's title :D

Really liked this, some very powerful scenes throughout the film. Robbert Pattinson was great in his role. For me, Christoph Waltz really stole the show; another terrifying character for him to play

7/10

Back
Top Bottom