What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Seven Psychopaths

Quality film with some really good actors, Christopher Walken being one of my all time favourites as he plays really good odd ball/pycho as usual.

Woody Harrelson was great (another favourite of mine) plus Colin Farrell's performance was spot on. I enjoyed Sam Rockwell's character as well. Brilliant acting by all really.

Cool flick with a lot of different paces, I was gripped throughout.

Worth seeing!

A solid 8/10

Have to agree on every point, very good film and well worth a watch by any one.

Soldato
Hunger Games

9/10 very surprised how good this film was, I haven't read the. Books and know nothing about it, which usually helps, no preconceived ideas about what should happen or how characters should act.

Not sure what the next part is going to be about though.

One of, if not the worst big budget movie of last year, absolute travesty of a movie.

Predictable, cliche ridden, badly acted...i'm really starting to despise Jennifer Lawrence since watching House At The End Of The Street. Already mentioned it earlier in this thread but she really is looking like a younger Stiflers Mums ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you on crack?!? Ok, a bit harsh but was genuinely my first reaction to your post.

One of, if not the worst big budget movie of last year, absolute travesty of a movie.

Predictable, cliche ridden, badly acted...i'm really starting to despise Jennifer Lawrence since watching House At The End Of The Street. Already mentioned it earlier in this thread but she really is looking like a younger Stiflers Mums ;)

Wow is it really so bad to have an opinion that goes against the grain? i thought it was a half decent movie, a 6.5/10 but that is just my view of it.

Soldato
Is does seem as though the remarks against glaucus profess to have a superior and correct view over the movie than his and be a more definitive opinion, regarding his as almost delusional!

What's the point in a points system if opinion is correct or wrong, why have degrees of quality to express opinion if opinion has no bearing on your enjoyment of the piece?

EDIT***

Not being pretentious or getting at any one just showing how the posts seem to enforce opinion rather than express it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess my post was made out of my genuine frustration of anyone rating Hunger Games highly, went into it blind, ignored the hype and even so, was left hugely disappointed. Felt like another "just for teens" toned done twilight type nonsense. As i've already said, it's hugely predictable and badly acted, really do not understand the love for JL at all.

Glaucus, if i've offended in any way, my apologies.

Caporegime
The problem with criticising Jennifer Lawrence in THG is that her character is suppose to be sullen and disinterested, so it's hard to draw the line between a well portrayed sullen, disinterested character and a sullen, disinterested actress failing to portray her character. Having read the book, it's clear what they were going for, but it didn't work as well in the film, which suggests a failure in the wider plot or her backstory in giving her character sufficient context.

As an example... Jarhead is a long, fairly dull film which ends with a huge anticlimax and no payoff. That's the whole point, but its easy to mistake a story with an unexpected payoff for a badly plotted film.

Caporegime

Yup it's an awful movie... saw it on the plane on the way to Thailand and it was often cringeworthy in places. Terrible script and acting, and imo a film cleary aimed at the less dicerning movie goers that don't usually rate those qualities high on their agenda.

Soldato
The problem with criticising Jennifer Lawrence in THG

My criticism of JL is based on Hunger Games, HATES and X-Men, she's just not a good actress IMO, maybe Silver Linings Playbook will change my opinion but she's in the Kristen Stewart category of dull at the moment.

Damn, keep making Twilight comparisons with Hunger Games.

Back
Top Bottom