What film did you watch last night?

Django Unchained - 8.5/10

Classic Tarantino, if you like his movies you will like this.

It was a little self indulgent with his style in places, but the performances and script were top notch.

Django Unchained - 8/10
I was in stitches at points but agree about some bits not quite matching up though, or running the way I'd have thought. The music, as per was on point though for the film. Really good match and made it more.

Cabin in the Woods - 6/10 - weird film and concept, different from the norm horror/gore. Was OK but didn't blow me away.

Seven Psycopaths - interesting way the film was done, enjoyed it but again, not a OMG you should see this film 7/10

Gangster Squad - The trailer almost fooled me into thinking it would be a great gangster film, instead it was just like I thought, it was like some cartoon made (well the characters were) into a film which was very predictable and very much like The Untouchables but no way near as good. 4/10.

The Impossible.

I thought it was good, as did my girlfriend. I think it captured the essence of struggle that a natural disaster brings -- trying to survive and not knowing what has happened to your loved ones. It might have been trying a bit too hard in places to make you feel sad, but I don't really think you can fault it for that given what and who the film is based on.

I actually didn't know anything about the film until a week or two ago, and must admit when I did find out sort of sighed at the thought. But I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when it ended.

Back
Top Bottom