What film did you watch last night?

Lawless.

Stuff happened but you didnt really get to know or care about the characters. Was needlessly gruesome. Not sure what the point of it was. Wasnt bad but wasnt great.

Is gangster squad REALLY that gash ?

I was going to see it this week , but maybe not now

Gangster Squad was pretty poor. It's very predictable. The action is alright, and it's surprisingly violent. But it's completely forgettable.

I'd watch it if it came on TV, that's about it.

Dredd (new one)

Was good and thoroughly enjoyed it, decent plot with plenty of good action scenes and great gore. It is a lot like Raid (I didn't really like Raid that much though). Not even going to compare it to Stallone's Dredd film as I loved that one too for its own reasons. Karl Urban was a much better Dredd though!

8/10

Is gangster squad REALLY that gash ?

I was going to see it this week , but maybe not now

With the cast it has, it could have been a bit more thoughtful lol. But saying that, if you take it for what it is, it's a pretty entertaining action film. Sean Penn showed glimpses of excellence too.

Zero dark thirty - very slow but I did find it really interesting. 6.5/10

Argo - another slow one but the ending was very tense stuff 7/10

Seven psychopaths - mixed bag this one. Trailer shows most of the best bits but walken and Rockwell were great fun. 7/10

road to perdition. 2/10

i only watched because the tv listing said tom hanks was a "killer". :p but it was dull as dishwater, the characters had no depth and you couldn't careless about anyone.

Finally got round to watching Pan's Labyrinth. I usually wouldn't bother as it's a subtitled film, and they're really not my forte. As it was on telly though I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about.

Very pleasantly surprised. I can see why people liked it. 8/10 from me.

400 Blows - 1959 French film about a troubled 12 year old. It was really quite disheartening to watch this young boy get punished for not doing anything that bad but there was something about it that kept me watching. 3/5

Taken 2 - Not as good as the first but it never was going to be no matter what, Still a good film though well worth a watch.

I have been spoilt since watching Django Unchained though as that is how a movie should be. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom