What film did you watch last night?

So, what, are the mods not bothering with people discussing piracy any more?

Firstly, saying switched off could mean I walked out of the cinema or just gave up. Secondly, if I was going to watch it again then why would I pay to go to the cinema when in the future I can rent it for free on netflix.

However, it doesn't take much to realise a large number of people who have posted here have seen the film at home months before it has been released on DVD etc.

Either way, there are hundreds of posts where people discuss piracy. Get over it.

Last edited:
Road to Perdition - 9/10.

Not old blue eyes finest film really, nothing special 6/10 I reckon

Memento - stunning movie.
On the other hand everyone should watch this, not that its guaranteed they'd like it but its unique.

Total Recall 10/10

for Ms Biel alone :D and 5/10 for everything else, not even cartoon depth to the atmosphere of the film, almost typed game then. Its like they filmed the read through and everyone is concentrating on the script page. That'd be fine if it was shakespeare, it seemed milena was the only believable character performance in there .
Even the street actors were bad, great sfx though watch it for that

Firstly, saying switched off could mean I walked out of the cinema or just gave up. Secondly, if I was going to watch it again then why would I pay to go to the cinema when in the future I can rent it for free on netflix.

However, it doesn't take much to realise a large number of people who have posted here have seen the film at home months before it has been released on DVD etc.

Either way, there are hundreds of posts where people discuss piracy. Get over it.

I'm not that fussed, piracy wise. I'm just, as ever, mystified by the lack of consistency in moderation. There was so much drama over the whole business of people watching shows known to have only been shown in America, and then we have this thread where people are routinely discussing films not yet on release or "switching off" films. Walked out of the cinema indeed... Hilarious...

I'm not that fussed, piracy wise. I'm just, as ever, mystified by the lack of consistency in moderation. There was so much drama over the whole business of people watching shows known to have only been shown in America, and then we have this thread where people are routinely discussing films not yet on release or "switching off" films. Walked out of the cinema indeed... Hilarious...
What lack of consistency? The film has been released in the UK, the shows had not.

What lack of consistency? The film has been released in the UK, the shows had not.

People were talking about Django Unchained before it had been released. And he's talking about "switching off" Les Mis. Unless he is turning off the lights at his cinema, and thoroughly annoying his customers, I think we all know what "switching off" means.

Following the discussions in the "Great scenes" thread, I've just watched Inglourious ******** again. I think it's a good film punctuated by a few great bits. The opening scene, with Landa talking with the farmer in the farmhouse is brilliant, and the scene in the basement is absolutely superb. For my money, it goes off the boil after the basement. It gets a bit carried away with itself, and goes from being fairly plausible to being really quite silly.

Back
Top Bottom