What film did you watch last night?

Les Miserables.

Anne Hathaway lights up the screen, the scene when she sang I dreamed a dream, that alone is Oscar worthy. Truly.

Hugh Jackman is also really fantastic, as is Russlel Crowe. I didn't expected in a million years these two "action" movie actors can sing.

Sacha Baron Cohen...LOL, comedy character, fun but I found him annoying but he can sing too ! Ok, Russell Crowe less so but passable.

What I remember it all is Anne Hathaway, her performance almost made me emotional ! it is that good. The movie itself is fantastic but I don't think it will win the Oscar for Best Picture, not that i've seen all the ones on the list yet. But Hathaway will surely pick up hers.

p.s. I know it is a musical but my god, I have never seen one with so much singing, practically every dialogue is sung. It makes Mouline Rouge seem like a drama.

8/10

Last edited:
The Last Castle

8/10

I really liked this film back when it came out and it's still good today.

Great film! James Gandolfini is great in that as well as Robert Redford in a plot that is a bit silly but very enjoyable.

Also just watched Cable Guy on Dave

10/10

Just so good! Jim Carrey in such a weird/great role, can't believe it's taken this long to see it.

Last edited:
Brave 6.5/10. I'm a big fan of Pixar movies, but they really seem to have lost there mojo story wise, a bit of late, still that being said, it was loads better than the truly excremental Cars 2. :p

The Dark Knight Rises.

Wow, quite a roller coaster! At some points it was spectacular, the IMAX filming looks fantastic, the stirring music as ever was great, the story was good. The plot twists and turns kept the interest, some I saw coming, some I didn't.

What I didn't like so much was the seeming forced relationship between Batman and Catwoman, I know there is a huge backstory in the comics but in the film it felt forced as there wasn't enough time on screen together to make it believable.

I also found the fight scenes to be a bit cringeworthy...somehow even when there's a group of goons they always just jump up and down waiting their turn to fight Batman, it was a bit obvious.

Apart from that it was superb!

9/10.

Dead Man Shoes - Bar some dodgy acting this was a great movie! I'm quite disappointed its taken me this long to watch it!

This one of my all time favourite films. It's so moving and full of emotions and gists. Plus it is shot in an area not far from where I live :p Personally I rate it higher than IMDB, probably 9/10

"What the **** are you looking at? ?"

"YOU, YA ****!!!!"

eek!

Last edited:
Hunger Games 6/10

It's alright, a little overhyped (partly because my missus was excited by a friend who read it) I went in with an impression of "Westernised Battle Royal", it's not. It's worst. Too much trying to explain rather than showing. Movie was long, I'm fine with that but the survival fight was too short and ended with a "oh, is that it?".

Shame. Jennifer Laurence is actually quite hot, nice figure when she came out in that black fire outfit. Not a lot of Hollywood women have curvy figures these days. Acting wise, it was ok, let's see how the sequel flare.

Les Amis - the gf dragged me to see it and took me out for dinner and beers so can't complain. Much better film than I expected, brilliant performances all round especially AH. Very good story and well filmed. 8/10

Django Unchained. 9.5/10

Outstanding performances from Waltz, Foxx, Di Caprio and Jackson make this an unmissable film. One of the best films I've seen.

Django Unchained 9/10
Not only was the acting excellent, especially Waltz. But also very funny in certain parts had the whole audience laughing. Loved the random soundtrack shifting genres and lost count of the N word usage.

Back
Top Bottom