What film did you watch last night?

I watched Gran Turino last night for the second time (although the first time since buying the blu-ray ages ago).

I would give it an 8/10, very well done and with an ending you didn't quite expect given it was Clint.

Tonight is Dredd with luck :)

The Impossible, had me choked up multiple times throughout and near to tears a few times, think it hit home quite a bit considering I visited Thailand shortly afterwards and could still see a lot of signs of devastation.

Dredd

8/10 - Such a cool movie! Definitely a step up from the SS version. Engaging, action and Karl Urban definitely made Dredd how I thought he would be from the comic. A must watch!

Speed, It's like Speed 2, only with a bus instead of a boat! :D

A solid 7/10, has the metal gear solid music all the way through (though speed comes first), I love Sandra Bullock so much...

Very entertaining film.

Speed, It's like Speed 2, only with a bus instead of a boat! :D

A solid 7/10, has the metal gear solid music all the way through (though speed comes first), I love Sandra Bullock so much...

Very entertaining film.

I misread this at first and thought you had given Speed 2 a 7/10 :eek: .

Watched Midnight Express a few nights back but forgot to post in here.
Quite a strange film really and seemed very anti Turkish.
Enjoyed it throughout despite the altered ending and that the actor playing Billy Hayes reminded me of Joey Barton.

7/10

Django Unchained

With the help of his mentor, a slave-turned-bounty hunter sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.

10/10 Christopher Wales was simply stunning in this roll, it's a brilliant story, brilliant sound track and just the right amount of comedy in it, that got the entire cinema laughing. It's a long film, but it really didn't feel long. It's taken me all afternoon to decided, but it's QT second best film, only marginally behind Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
Doomsday.
0.5/10.

I've seen many films.
I've seen bad films.
I've seen them all the way through.
I can't remember the last time I got mid-way through and thought, "forget it" and then shut the movie down. Normally, I think, "I've started, so I'll finish."

This movie - I could not take any more. Lots of loud noise. Lots of shooting between people who I couldn't care less about. Lots of bizarre hair styles/cuts. Absolutely terrible.

The director should be ashamed of himself, because I actually think that the basic story and budget were decent.

The only movie I can think of which comes close to this turkey is Sahara. Though, at least I made it all the way through through Sahara.

Django Unchained. Very entertaining. Awesome performances by Waltz & DiCaprio, despite the long running time I was hanging on every word when those two were on screen (Samuel L Jackson also). Not really a fan of Jamie Foxx and wasn't entirely convinced by the Django character however.

8/10.

Navy Seals.

Charlie Sheen playing an imature tool, all of nearly 23 years ago... who knew:)

That said, all machismo and gunplay, 23 years ago of my life, that (*&*( still cool.

Above average if you like that kinda stuff.

Back
Top Bottom