What film did you watch last night?

Broken (2012)

iYSS3Nb.jpg

Fantastic gritty British drama staring Tim Roth (Pulp Fiction , Reservoir Dogs) and Cillian Murphy (Sunshine , The Dark Knight) about the story of a young girl in North London whose life changes after witnessing a violent attack.

One of the best British films I've seen since Dead Mans Shoes & Tyrannosaur (2011), a must see imho.

8.5/10

Just watched this and indeed its very good. Its a shame these little british films get overlooked.

The acting and script were superb.

I think critics are looking at the cast and reviewing it as a "movie" rather than loads of celebrities doing some fairly disgusting but very funny 5-10 min sketches like a comedy show (Monty Python is a good shout!).

But reviewers are comparing it to similarly structured films and still slamming it...

And Monty Python's meaning of life currently stands at 7.5/10 on imdb and 89% on RT, which suggests that sketch comedy, including some fairly disgusting sketch comedy, can review very well.

It doesn't matter anyway. Peter Farrelly has more money than he needs already, and this will make plenty more by virtue of reviewing terribly so he wins either way.

Pay It Forward

"This is a film which may just do the impossible: inspiring one to good deeds, without expectation of reward or remuneration. That alone is a substantial achievement."

It is simply a must watch film for that fact alone.

9/10

K-Pax (2001) -With Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges - Watched this again last night, still one of my favourate films! Spacey plays a fantastic performance in this film

8.5 / 10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/

Prot (K.Spacey) is a patient at a mental hospital who claims to be from a far away Planet. His psychiatrist tries to help him, only to begin to doubt his own explanations.

Last edited:
Just watched Dredd, it was dire. Can't think of a single redeeming feature in it I liked. The villain was cringe worthy bad, and I just found her, and all the henchmen ridiculous. I think they blew the entire budget on contrived CGI slow-mo effects. 0/10

It was absurdly bad.

The mind boggling thing is the people praising it in the judge dredd thread.

It was soo bad.

O i got jumped on when i said it is worst film i have ever seen in the Dredd thread.

We watch Django Unchained last night. 8/10 i would give it, enjoyed it a lot! Classic Tarantino film.

I can totally get why people think Dredd is terrible. Saying it's the worst film you've ever seen is over dramatic surely?

Like I said before though; Being familiar with the source material isn't essential, but if you are, you can find a lot to appreciate.
In all honesty, I wasn't too keen after my first viewing, but after watching again with a friend, I loved it. More so for Karl Urban's spot on portrayal of John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's original character than the admittedly poor story itself or the questionable villain.

Also, the slo-mo stuff really needs to be seen in 3d. 2d doesn't do it justice and scenes like the stun grenade sequence can look especially lame.

Look at it like a straight to screen adaptation of a one or two part weekly comic and it's incredibly faithful, if not perfectly bang on due to budget reasons.

Last edited:
Just reminded me of 'The Raid: Redemption' which was also **** :p

I managed 45 min, got to where they come out with the Gatling guns then just turned it off. Films that get turned off half way though to never be watched again, go in my books of worst films ever.

I actually managed to watch all of the Raid:Redemption and i thought that was amazingly poo, so you can figure what i thought of Dredd having only lasted 45min.

Just reminded me of 'The Raid: Redemption' which was also **** :p

I managed 45 min, got to where they come out with the Gatling guns then just turned it off. Films that get turned off half way though to never be watched again, go in my books of worst films ever.

I actually managed to watch all of the Raid:Redemption and i thought that was amazingly poo, so you can figure what i thought of Dredd having only lasted 45min.

Baha we seem to have the sane views here. I didn't finish all of raid redemption though I thought it sucked.

Have you ever watched film 'casshern'? This was recommended to me. I turned that off too.

I like the concept of judge dredd the old film even had some charm. This film was gash.

Silent hill revelation.
Considered turning it off atleast three times,Wish i had spent most of the film messing with my phone.
truly awful
1/10

The Last Stand 7/10

Wasn't really expecting much, a faded Arnie, Johnny Knoxville and on the face of it just mindless violence, but actually it's a decent film. Thought the weak point if anything was Forest Whitaker

Broken (2012)

iYSS3Nb.jpg

Fantastic gritty British drama staring Tim Roth (Pulp Fiction , Reservoir Dogs) and Cillian Murphy (Sunshine , The Dark Knight) about the story of a young girl in North London whose life changes after witnessing a violent attack.

One of the best British films I've seen since Dead Mans Shoes & Tyrannosaur (2011), a must see imho.

8.5/10

Just watched this, thanks for the heads up as this would have passed me by. Great film with great performances. The lead girl is brilliant. Very powerful film I thought.

8.5-10 as well from me.

Just got back from Django Unchained. Probably the worst film I've seen in the past few years. I don't even want to put in a proper review because I'm tired and it's not worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom