What film did you watch last night?

Flight

Pretty good film and as usual Denzel did a superb job. Didn't find it quite as good overall to his other films like John Q, man on fire etc. Some scenes were fantastic though, 2 in particular being the start with the whole "flight" and the ending.

7/10

The Last Stand 7/10

Wasn't really expecting much, a faded Arnie, Johnny Knoxville and on the face of it just mindless violence, but actually it's a decent film. Thought the weak point if anything was Forest Whitaker

When the worst thing about a movie is Forest Whitaker, that implies a very good movie. Might actually venture out to watch this at the cinema.

The Amazing Spiderman.

Wasn't expecting much, yet was pleasantly surprised. Mostly.
Liked the dark vibe and Andrew Garfield was good as Peter Parker imo. Preferred him to Toby Maguire.

Story could've been better I suppose and some the Lizard's lines were comic book hilarious. Still, good fun and the FX and spidey movement was impressive, if a little plasticky in places.

For what it is, 7.5/10.

Silent hill revelation.
Considered turning it off atleast three times,Wish i had spent most of the film messing with my phone.
truly awful
1/10

Totally agree - it was as bad as Sean Bean's American accent. I love Sean Bean but even he was a big let down in this as he was so busy concentrating on the accent that his lines were delivered really badly.

Amelie - Not seen this for a while, it is still very odd but very nice and funny in places. Would recommend if you want a silly little feel good film and don't mind reading subtitles. 4/5

Finally got round to watching End of Watch, thought it was utter utter trash...absolutely hated the camera work ie the whole jumping around, made it difficult to see what was going on. Doesnt help that i think Jake Gyllenhall or whatever his name is, is a monumental douchebag.

Id give it 4/10.

Django Unchained - 8/10

Very enjoyable, although as another reviewer said I thought the story was lacking somewhat.

Several people walked out after about 2 hours... just cannot get my head around that.

Lincoln 7/10

Can see the Oscar appeal. The acting was incredible. But ultimately I found it slightly underwhelming.

Movie 43 2/10 (Generous)

Can't really say much. Terrible film. The only time I laughed was out of pity for Hugh Jackman going from Jean Valjean to this.

Rewatched Judgement Night.

No review, no score. Go watch it if you haven't. Atmosphere is phenomenal.
If you like films that enter a dark, seemingly alternate world like The Warriors, maybe check out Vamp too, though I imagine that hasn't aged too well.

Rewatched Judgement Night.

No review, no score. Go watch it if you haven't. Atmosphere is phenomenal.
If you like films that enter a dark, seemingly alternate world like The Warriors, maybe check out Vamp too, though I imagine that hasn't aged too well.

Is this the one with Denis Leary as the gang leader?

Really loved this as a teen, wonder if i'll feel the same now if I watch again.

Dredd - 5/10

I really wanted to love this film but it just seems to fall short. I think its more faithful to the source material than the previous attempt but apart from a few decent scenes it could almost have been a pilot for a series.

Didn't mind paying £3.99 on demand but would have felt a bit robbed paying £15.99 for the Bluray.

Back
Top Bottom