What film did you watch last night?

I'd only vaguely give the first a 6/10 I like good action. Not Ott camera work, wires and stuff. Hence why I like Jackie's old films. True the retarded comedic effects are Ott in those films but at least the actions good.

I hear ya. Hate ott wire work too.
The first film was pretty good in that it didn't have much I thought. The second, however... :/

Still, gimme a good, old school kung fu flick anyday. The Prodigal Son anyone? (Ok, not for the final fight. Maybe just the unfinished, asthma halted one with his teacher vs the official) The list could go on and on :)

Loved this! I remember stumbling across it one night about 5 minutes in and was hooked!

A classic eh? So atmospheric.

I'd only vaguely give the first a 6/10 I like good action. Not Ott camera work, wires and stuff. Hence why I like Jackie's old films. True the retarded comedic effects are Ott in those films but at least the actions good.

The first film is brilliant. The fights in the house with the Northerner, and against the 10 Japanese guys doing karate are both amazing.

I can't really think of any bits in the first film that would require wire work... Maybe the bit where he balances on the edge of the platform they fight on at the end.

The second film is suuuuuuch a let down after that. I didn't find the plot engaging, and the fights just aren't nearly so interesting. The one on the table really killed it for me.

Last edited:
Paranormal activity 4

3/10 it was crap and way to predictable, just like the rest. Never the less it **** the mrs up ,which makes it a bit of a laugh for me. Reason why it got a 3 rather than a 1.

The first film is brilliant. The fights in the house with the Northerner, and against the 10 Japanese guys doing karate are both amazing.

I can't really think of any bits in the first film that would require wire work... Maybe the bit where he balances on the edge of the platform they fight on at the end.

The secod film is suuuuuuch a let down after that. I didn't find the plot engaging, and the fights just aren't nearly so interesting. The one on the table really killed it for me.

Agreed.
On a side note, I had several amazing conversations with an old Chinese guy in his 70's who lived local to me, who was in fact a friend of Bruce Lee as a teenager and also trained under Ip Man and his sons.
I hear you calling BS already, but the guy had a whole photo album to back up his claims, plus we had a couple of little 'play fights' (for want of a better term) and the guy could still move surprisingly well. He'd shock the crap out of any opportunist mugger thinking they'd found an easy target I can assure you.
Anyway, he loved the Ip Man movie and said that while the real life Ip Man was incredible, the 10 man fight was an exaggeration. As skilled as he was, taking on and beating 10 fighters of that skill level was not on.

Still, the scene was brilliant :)

As for fighting the General... Complete fiction, as was a lot of the film.

The Not So Amazing Spider-man. 2/10 load of pointless rubbish, why they even bothered to make it I do not know. Avoid! 2 points for the cgi and presentation.

House at the end of the street...biggest pile of turd i have seen in a long time, even Jennifer Lawrence couldnt save this stinking pile of crap in all honesty and shes not that great an actress either. She was poor in hunger games and is equally as poor in this as well.

Wanted to switch off after 40 mins but the missus wanted to see the end of it.

Giving it a 3/10. A movie to absolutely avoid unless your a rabid Jennifer Lawrence fan.

Django Unchained - 9/10
One of Tarantino's best imo.

Zero Dark Thirty - 8.5/10
Love it when these types of films are done well, and this is done very, very well, but then it is Katherine Bigelow, you expect it to be good i suppose.

Skyfall - after all the mixed reviews I wasn't expecting much but I thought it was flippin fantastic. Special mention to the sound as well, great home cinema tester, gave my new monolith a good workout :D

Back
Top Bottom