What film did you watch last night?

Skyfall - after all the mixed reviews I wasn't expecting much but I thought it was flippin fantastic. Special mention to the sound as well, great home cinema tester, gave my new monolith a good workout :D

Just watched this as well, thought it was horrendous though, absolutely everything about it being horrendous cliches, and utterly stupid.

We have the old hero might be getting too old, went missing, came back and everyone questioned if he could do it(batman, a billion other things), we had a train crash stolen from Corrie, we had the Avengers style gets caught on purpose for entirely no reason at all, in any way, obvious as sin, absolutely abysmal and stupid IT guy plugs in guy with hacking credentials and virus's laptop into the network, we have the massive, obviously planned for years revenge scenario that involves loads of deaths, bombs, hacking, etc, that ends up with entirely 3 guys walking into a government building with pistols to miss the main target who was standing still the entire time.

I can't stand films that do the, guy has plotted revenge for 20 years, and the last part of the plan is so utterly pathetic and stupid that its utterly, and I mean utterly unbelievable. Did he require being caught in any way to walk into that building to shoot her in a meeting, did, having his guys on the outside, mean that money, power, men, they could only get their hands on a couple of pistols, and the previously best 00 agent, can't hit a target standing still?

The entire end of the film was ridiculously awful as well. Absolutely no part of this film was good, even the "should I take the shot" crap at the beginning, he had communication, they didn't say, "get down" and him hearing they were taking the shot, made no attempt to "get down", and after she took one shot, she didn't then just continue to shoot the guy.

Every part of this film was awful, crap action, horrendous story, nothing but plot holes, and essentially no good dialogue at all. THe "bond girl" was completely undeveloped as a character, or should I say, in one scene he worked out her entire life from one small tattoo, then they banged, then she's dead. Remember bonds where a bond girl was in for more than 30 seconds of a film, did more, was more interesting and had character?

I've disliked the recent bonds to varying degree's, but this was just terrible.

House at the end of the street...biggest pile of turd i have seen in a long time, even Jennifer Lawrence couldnt save this stinking pile of crap in all honesty and shes not that great an actress either. She was poor in hunger games and is equally as poor in this as well.

Wanted to switch off after 40 mins but the missus wanted to see the end of it.

Giving it a 3/10. A movie to absolutely avoid unless your a rabid Jennifer Lawrence fan.

Why did you think it was that bad?

Just back from seeing Flight.

I feel a bit disappointed, as the trailer made it out to be all about a plane crash and the fight for the pilots innocence.
What it actually was...
... was a plane crash that highlighted a mans fight with alcoholism, and the whole way to deal with that or not.

For the trailers relevance the what the actual film was about, I give it a 3/10.
For the actual film and the acting, I give it 7/10,

Just back from seeing Flight.

I feel a bit disappointed, as the trailer made it out to be all about a plane crash and the fight for the pilots innocence.
What it actually was...
... was a plane crash that highlighted a mans fight with alcoholism, and the whole way to deal with that or not.

For the trailers relevance the what the actual film was about, I give it a 3/10.
For the actual film and the acting, I give it 7/10,

Great film as you scored it.....
....as for trailer the pilot felt he was innocent as he hadn't yet faced up to the demon that was held deep within himself....
....best way to watch a film is to ignore trailers ;)

Perks Of Being A Wallflower 8/10

DAMN good, has a great John Hughes 80's vibe throughout with a dollop of Adventureland and some slight darkness for good measure. Emma Watsons accent annoyed me but other than that a brilliant film.

Perks Of Being A Wallflower 8/10

DAMN good, has a great John Hughes 80's vibe throughout with a dollop of Adventureland and some slight darkness for good measure. Emma Watsons accent annoyed me but other than that a brilliant film.

I watched it last month and thought it was a really good book to film adaption(thankfully since I loved the book :p).

Agree about Emma's accent, it was pretty terrible.

Back
Top Bottom